Persistent notification bug

I am trying to make it that the persistent notification only shows on home WiFi, I want this because after my own testing it shows that having the persistent notification makes my automation notifications send faster.

It works and shows it when I have it set to “always” but why won’t it show when I set it to “on home WiFi only”?

Pls help I’m confused

I think you’re confusing notification with connection. That second option doesn’t control whether you’ll get a notification (on which network), but rather how it will be delivered (keeping a direct connection on your local network and thus will be faster).

Yea the problem is it’s not showing the persistent notification, it shows it when set to always but I don’t see it anymore when set to this.

Or will it come back when a notification is sent then go away again? When it was set to always it was always there and made notifications faster which is why I want it only show on home wifi.

if you feel you found a bug please file them on github so the team can look into it.

in this case make sure to provide the app logs so we can see whats going on

Figured it out nevermind.

For future reference, the purpose of marking a post with the Solution tag is to identify it as the one containing information to solve the originally stated problem. It’s to help others with a similar problem, quickly find an answer.

In this particular case, you marked your own post with the Solution tag but it contains no information explaining how to solve the problem.

2 Likes