Pet Friendly PIR Sensor?

Hi Guys

I’m looking for a Pet Friendly PIR Sensor.
Any suggestions?

Just added two of these in my basement. They work great.
https://www.dsc.com/alarm-security-products/LC-100-PI%20-%20PIR%20Detector%20with%20Pet%20Immunity/93

It depends which protocol you want to use… I am personally using fibaro zwave eyes (https://www.fibaro.com/en/products/motion-sensor/) and with the right detection parameter level, my small dog (8kg) doesn’t trigger it. And I do!

GV

I use these in areas where I don’t want my dogs to trigger motion. I’ve had them for about 3 years(?) now and I’ve had to replace the batteries in them ONCE (which boggles my mind):

1 Like

Thants amazing … unless you use batteries from a car ?? :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, I have jumper cables running all through the house :wink: LOL

Honestly, I have no idea how they got these things to sip so little battery juice. I know Z-Wave+ is supposed to have better battery life, but these things just keep going! I have two in my crawlspace and they have been going strong despite wild temperature swings (which is known to kill batteries quickly). I’m still using the same batteries that came with them. Granted, they don’t get tripped often, but wow. The one I have in my hallway has been going on 2 years with the same battery.

I was considering these for my system, however i’m not sure how to integrate them into HA? How are you connecting them to HA?

I’m open to any protocol so long as they work :slight_smile: What level are you using on your fibaro? I do have 1 of the aeotec multisensors

Thank you, I’ll definitely have a look, although i’m not sure they run on my zwave frequency, 868.4?

They won’t. :frowning: Sorry about that.

1 Like

I have a wired DSC alarm panel with the envisalink board installed. Then just use the envisalink component in HA.

If your looking for something wireless go with the Hue Motion Sensor. Not pet friendly tho. Got one of these in my garage for a year now. The battery is still at 100%. You will need to get the hub to go along with it tho.

1 Like

I have 15 in the settings for sensibility. The min is 8. The eye is at 210cm from the floor downwards. The dog can move around without a problem.
GV

1 Like

If you want simplicity I use these things. I think in over a year they’ve only been triggered once by one of our cats. The sensitivity is set by a jumper, other than that its a standard zwave motion sensor

1 Like

Awesome, will have a look! Thank you!

@greengolfer You mind sharing your fibaro settings, i got a dog of 8kg too :wink:

Nothing fancy. Except parameter 1 : default value is 10, I have 15. For the others no change at all. From my experience, default values are fine. Battery usage with them is good. I Changed the battery once after 2.5 years. Regarding detection, more importantly, the angle of the eye. As I said, mine are at 210cm. I mustn’t be to much toward the floor, otherwise even with 15 the dog will trigger. The dog is a cavalier king charles (so 30cm height or so). With the angle I have it reaches 30cm above the floor at roughly 4m. When the sensitivity at 15, it won’t trigger. The dog running after a ball was a great help in the setup :slight_smile:
GV

Angle is an issue for me, as i have a hallway with open stairs. So even if i change it, the dog also walks up the stairway… so it wil detect the dog :wink:

Would only work in closed rooms where you can indeed put the angle higher then the dog.