Philips hue dynamic scenes

Hello :vulcan_salute:

I check forum, I saw few same question in different topics but nobody answer yet.

i want to set Philips hue dynamic scenes from home assistant script. with following script successfully trig to normal scenes in hue hub, but unfortunately couldnā€™t find why to start dynamic scenes.

how can I trig dynamic hue scenes from HA.

thank you

deneme:
  alias: sinema modu
  sequence:
  - service: hue.hue_activate_scene
    data:
      group_name: Salon
      scene_name: Soho
  - service: script.deneme2
  mode: single

I donā€™t think dynamic scenes are supported yet.

I saw similar information about hue dynamic scenes, it says scenes managed by lambs or bridge not by program. I am not familiar this type of data sniffing maybe some one can sniff network between bridge and software and catch parameters how to start dynamic scene. In official Philips hue software each scene has dynamic option with same name, it should be different parameter to start this dynamic option. i try to catch commands with Wireshark but couldnā€™t succeed. anyway lets see I think some geek friends can solve it :vulcan_salute: :blush:

What is the difference to animation from Hue Labs or apps like iConnectHue?

In Hue Labs you can already activate a colour loop for a long time and third-party apps like iConnectHue offer freely configurable animations. But both solutions are particularly performance-hungry: each colour change is sent as a single command from the Hue Bridge into the ZigBee network to the lamps. ā€œWe will solve the problem like no one else can,ā€ promises George Yianni. ā€œThe effects will play directly on the lamps, so the dynamic scenes will run independently of the rest of the network.ā€

Support for dynamic scenes will come in a future version of the Hue integration:

6 Likes

thank you very much. I never check GitHub repositories. after beta testing it I will update topic.

Possible stupid question about this. How can I have Active Scene not trigger the dynamic mode in Hue. I want to activate a scene but not have the colours shift as they do with dynamics on.

I can call them in the older call service > hue_activation_service but get logs about it being deprecated and removed in future updates so would rather not, but notq being able to control enabling dynamics is doing my head in.

Same here, hue v2 bridge, in hue app all bulbs are tagged with dynamic, when I start my ha script. But colors are static.

Having this problem as wellā€”I do not want to trigger dynamic scenes, but thereā€™s no option to avoid it when calling scenes in HA; itā€™s the default. I wish I could figure out how to avoid saving a scene as dynamic in the Hue app. Some are dynamic, some arenā€™t. It seems random.

Same here, in the hue app I save the scene with the dynamic function off but when started from HA dynamic is turned on again.

Same here, would like the option to turn off the dynamic mode for scenes.

Anybody reported this bug/feature already at Github?

Found this: Github

So it seems a fix is underway?

Yep this looks to be the relevant comment: Hue Dynamic Scene not playing? Ā· Issue #64026 Ā· home-assistant/core Ā· GitHub

Same here. Would great if we can get 2 scenes - 1 for standard scenes and 1 for dynamic. Thanks all!

Anyone know if and how use Philips Hue dynamic scenes in Home assistant?

1 Like