Philips Hue HDMI Play Sync Box

Note that I am aware of the other custom component for the Philips Hue Play HDMI Sync Box. We developed both our components independently and only found out recently. We discussed it and think they both have their pros and cons and there is room for both custom components.

This integration makes the Philips Hue Play HDMI Sync Box available as a media_player in Home Assistant. I have (temporarily) mapped some of its functionality on standard media_player features so they are easily accessible through the default card. The intention is to move all “Sync” specific functionality to custom services, but that is still a work in progress.
The end goal is to get it into a state so it can be included in Home Assistant.

Below follows the installation instructions from the readme. For the latest documentation check the Github repo.

README.md

Make sure the Philips Hue Play HDMI Sync Box has been setup with the official Hue Sync app before adding it to Home Assistant.

HACS

Getting this component in the default HACS list is on the todo list.

• Add this repository https://github.com/mvdwetering/huesyncbox to HACS as a “custom repository” with category “integration”. This option can be found in the ⋮ menu at the top right of the HACS screen.
  • Install the integration from within HACS
  • Add huesyncbox: to configuration.yaml
  • Restart Home Assistant.
  • Devices will be found automatically.

Manually

• Install the custom component by downloading it from the Github releases and copy it to the custom_components directory as usual.
  • Add huesyncbox: to configuration.yaml
  • Restart Home Assistant.
  • Devices will be found automatically.

Known issues

• The button linking procedure with the Philips Hue Play HDMI Sync Box fails the first time (red error text), but works when attempting a second time (also press the button a second time). I think I know what it is just need to get it fixed.
1 Like