Phillips Hue Pico Integration

I’m attempting to control my Phillips Hue bulbs with a pico remote. I’ve gotten most of the integration working, but there is one piece I seem to be stuck on. Essentially I’m trying to make the “favorite” button on the Pico remote rotate between different hue scenes. At the moment, I have 5 hue scenes. I would like to do the following (the “>” represents a press of the “favorites” button)

(Lights off or on “Bright” scene) > Arctic aurora > Savanna sunset > tropical twilight > spring blossom > Arctic aurora

To do this, I’ve set up a few items in homeassistant. I have a script that activates each one of these scenes. I then have automatons set up for each one of the scenes I want to switch to. For example, the “Arctic Aurora” automation looks like this:

- id: '1528097362057'
  alias: Arctic Aurora
  trigger:
  - entity_id: sensor.master_bedroom_eric_home_control_2
    platform: state
    to: '2'
  condition:
  - condition: state
    entity_id: light.hue_color_lamp_1
    state: '{rgb_color:205,207,120}'
  action:
  - service: script.arctic_aurora

One note, there isn’t a direct way to see the current scene that Phillips Hue is displaying. I get around this by using a condition to check the color status of one of the hue bulbs. I think that’s where my problem lies. If I have this automation without the condition, the “Arctic Aurora” scene activates. When I have it with the condition, nothing happens.

Any tips? Thanks in advance.

Edit: One other note: I’m sure the system is in a state where this scene should activate based on the given condition. I just think I’m formatting the condition incorrectly.

Bumpity doo dah

I figured it out.

- id: '1528097362057'
  alias: Bright to Arctic Aurora
  trigger:
  - entity_id: sensor.master_bedroom_eric_home_control_2
    platform: state
    to: '2'
  condition:
  - condition: template
    value_template: '{{ states.light.hue_color_lamp_1.attributes.rgb_color == (255,
      207, 120) }}'
  action:
  - service: script.arctic_aurora
1 Like