Pilight cover possible?

Hi all,

Just making my first steps in HASS, and very impressed! I have been running pilight for ages for a bunch of 433MHz devices and have now taken some steps into the Zigbee world with Tradfri. I tried Domoticz for some time, but found this too hard to maintain. Since pilight cannot support Tradfri, I thought of using HASS and also integrate my DSMR energy meter and pvoutput stats. I have just about everything working, but I cannot find how to solve the following:

• In pilight I have 1 kaku_screen_old device which control a ‘screen against sunlight (like shutters)’, and 3 for rolling shutters in front of the windows.
  • In pilight I can click up or down, which will make the device go in that direction.
  • After clicking up once, whilst it still opening, I click twice and the shutter will stop on that position.

However, I did find the Covers components in HASS, but none exist for pilight. I figured I could just install the pilight client in the HASS docker container and do a command line cover, but this does not seem to a preferred solution to me.

Anybody that can think of a easier solution than installing pilight client in the container? Perhaps @DavidLP? I see you have done a lot of the pilight work, for which many thanks!

To get back to my own question, I was able to install pilight in the HASS docker container, just by following instructions.

After installing this, I was able to configure it like this:

cover:
     platform: command_line
     covers:
       solar_screen:
         command_open: pilight-control -s IP -d devicename -s up
         command_close: pilight-control -s IP  -d devicename -s down
         command_stop: pilight-control -s IP  -d devicename -s up
         friendly_name: Solar screen

In any case, not the preferred solution for me, but might work for others facing this issue as well :slight_smile: