SOLVED: Please add support for blinds activated in the IKEA integration

Woah, at long last! :partying_face: Thank you so much for testing!

This is what I propose: please do some more tests during the day if you have time. Post a comment here afterwards and if all has gone well, I’ll ask for the feature to be merged.

1 Like

Ok, will do, wished I had more than one to test with :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think for most people 10% open equating to a ‘bit of light’ is the way to go, it’s then in line with lights and wider uses, like industry where a valve is 20% open not 80% closed.

1 Like

I made some timed automations.
It opens the blind correctly with cover.close_cover and opens with cover.open_cover
I’m a bt unsure what command is the correct one for moving it to eg. ‘50%’.
I tried using cover.set_cover_position but that didn’t do anything.
@Mutt It is true it’s the ‘correct’ way of doing it, but it’s still wrong :smiley:

I’m afraid I cannot change this behaviour as as it is defined in the Home Assistant dev docs how to specify open/closed.

1 Like

Not sure either. Did you pass a whole number, eg 50 not 50%?

1 Like

Yes, that is what I mean, it’s the ‘correct’ way, but I still think it’s wrong, but that’s not your problem, that’s a HA problem :smiley:
I got movement to specific postition to work as well.
So everything looks right so far.

OK, I’ll ask for the code to be merged then. Thanks again for all your time!

As a major version of HA was just released, it will take about three weeks for this to end up in the system. Look at the beta releases (there is a beta channel in the hass.io channel) if you want the feature before the next release.

1 Like

Great, thankyou very much for the hard work @ggravlingen it’s great to have them in there so fast!

1 Like

Okay,
So we are agreed it’s both correct and unalterable.
So it’s a given and we should live with 10% open etc.
I can live with that.
Thanks, that’s as unequivocal as it can get :wink:
Cheers
Mutt

Not quite following you here. Do you mean that when you press close, it stays 10% open? If so, that’s not intentional.

@ggravlingen No, I think @Mutt refers to the fact that the % refers to how much light it gives, and not how extended the blind is.
So 10% means that it is almost closed, where as 90% means that it is almost open.
I don’t see that in the tests at least, it performed perfectly according to what was set up as guidelines.

1 Like

@ggravlingen, sorry, I was agreeing with the way you have it coded and that it appears in the interface.
Earlier in the thread @fribse suggested that it should operate the reverse from this.
I have no complaint and would commend you both on your communication skills in a language that is not your first, a little misunderstanding occasionally is to be expected.
In short, keep going :+1:

2 Likes

I really can’t believe you have only 3 votes so far, I truly believe that blinds are going to be a major part of home automation. Given the ability to help control both light and heat in a room. And given that IKEA have launched a moderately priced entry into this market (I think they will get cheaper and that others will enter this currently spare sector to compete) , I’m sure that many people will be using the fruit of your labour’s here.

Update: the code for blinds was merged into Home Assistant yesterday so this thread can be closed. As mentioned above, it will take until the next release for the feature to be available.

3 Likes

@ggravlingen Weeheee :smiley:

Thanks to everyone who worked on this, I’ve been looking forward to this integration for some time now.

2 Likes

I’m impressed with the work done and the speed with which it was incorporated. We’ll done :+1:

2 Likes

Great work!
I got some issues with my blinds. If the blinds are fully open and I restart my HA, the down button is greyed out and not working. Also the slider doesn’t seems to update the position. If I slide to 50% for example, it show 50%, but when I return to that blind, it show the value set when HA was restarted.

That is odd, that was the behaviour we saw in the early beta.
I think there is trouble in paradise @ggravlingen
I just got it updated and integrated, and it looks like it’s the old code.
I’ve made a small video here:

As you can see the status is not updated during movement as it did in the latest beta, and the ‘arrow up’ and ‘arrow down’ are not updated either.
Moving the slider, does move the blind as per the command given, but the behaviour with the beta was that when you released the slider, it jumped to the current position and updated it until it was stationary.