Plex Webhooks

Plex Pass subscribers can configure Webhooks - I was wondering if it might be possible to point these at HA, such that the media player / activity sensor get updated ‘immediately’ - maybe this could mean the scan_interval gets reduced to something lower (so its more of a backup).

That is almost possible already as soon as this gets addressed…

With emby this already works if you point the webhook at a REST call of home assistant to a script you can access all the json data in that script.

~Cheers

ah! I see. I had no idea you could configure scripts like that, which makes sense. and yeah, as soon as I posted this, I decided just to run a node.js server to forward the request and had to do multipart decoding because of course plex does that :wink: I will have a look

1 Like

I very much appreciate your input there!

~Cheers

I would love to see this directly implemented.

Until it is implemented, I wrote a small Python daemon which translates the multipart messages to JSON ones and forwards them to my home assistance instance: https://github.com/lorenzschmid/pyTransferMultipart

Right on! Put this in a Docker container and this is the “sidecar” pattern, for what its worth :wink:

I’m less familiar with Docker (and a container for a simple script might be a bit of an overkill) but please feel free to implement it.

1 Like

I use Docker, but I must admit that I don’t know as much about it as I’d like to. Can you explain what you did to make this work, please?