Port forward to vm [Solved]

Hi I have a working Home Assistant VM running on Virtualbox in a Ubuntu host. I want to expose 192.168.5.23:8123 to the outside world on port 443. I have located the forwarding in the router(HG659) and expected to be able to map port ->ip:port but instead I have to select a connected device listed by mac address. The host mac is not listed but I found a device with the correct address and the mac address of the host computer. I used the create new option and specified the correct Mac but it did not work. I am really confused what to try next. Virtual box network settings are as follows: Bridged Adaptor Promiscuous Mode allow all

works no problem from the local network but the static externalip:443

Any ideas thanks

OK solved this but giving some detail for this next person confused by this:
Firstly this issue is that my cheap home router does port forwarding using connected mac address not IP addresses. When you use a bridged network in virtualbox it seems to display the same mac address. and so not listed as a device you can select (just the host computer is visible)
To fix it I selected “add device” instead of selecting one type in the fake MAC address from virtualbox network settings then restart everything. When you go back to router forwarding the new item will have the correct IP and work with normal forward rules.