Porting HassOS to new ARM hardware

Hey all,

I have an OrangePi based custom board on my desk that I want to port HassOS to run on so I can use Hass.io on it. It isn’t a board that can currently be sold with side availability so I expect I’ll need to figure it out on my own. This will also be a first for me so please excuse any ‘daft’ questions!

What documentation should I be looking at to understand how to create the appropriate things to build an image for the board? I’ve been looking through the project documentation but I think I might be missing something on how to identify what I need to work on to actually start doing it.

If anyone can assist with some points on how to get started I would be greatly appreciative. Alternatively, I would also consider paying someone with experience to get it done if that is an option that makes sense!

Cheers

Why do you want HassOS, wouldn’t it be easier to just install ubuntu/debian + docker + hass.io on top?

You may check these closed issues:

I have about 30-40 of these boards to setup if all goes well so I want to be able to maintain them. If I use a standard OS I then need to mess about with upgrades if they are needed, etc. which just becomes a headache.

Ah brilliant, will take a read of these, thanks!

Fair enough :smiley: