Problem - Home Assistant disappeared from docker

Hello,

I have installed and running HA on Raspberry PI Debian for more than a year. I have found it stopped working month ago. When listing all containers, only hassio-observer was there but not running. After running it manually I got all containers running (I can see containers for hassio and my addons) except “main” homeassistant container. It is not present at all.

I was trying to download and run homeassistant container again following some guides I found. The only thing I achieved was running empty homeassistant (without my configuration).

These containers are running now:

esphome/esphome-hassio-armv7:1.15.3             "/init"                  6 days ago   
 homeassistant/armv7-addon-samba:9.3.0           "/init"                  6 days ago   
 homeassistant/armv7-hassio-multicast:3          "/init"                  6 days ago   
 homeassistant/armv7-hassio-cli:2020.11.1        "/init /bin/bash -c …"   6 days ago   
 homeassistant/armv7-hassio-audio:17             "/init"                  6 days ago   
 homeassistant/armv7-hassio-dns:2020.11.0        "/init"                  6 days ago   
 homeassistant/armv7-hassio-supervisor           "/init"                  2 weeks ago  
 homeassistant/armv7-hassio-observer:2020.10.1   "/init"                  3 weeks ago

Does anyone here know if there is some way to somehow restore my homeassistant instance or at least its configuration? Or at least where to look for homeassistant config in this case.

Thanks,
Marek

Is your docker up to date? I had such issues when my docker was not updated.

Try usr/share/hassio/homeassistant

Back them up before moving forward

Thank you for reply. Yes, actually I updated docker shortly before the problem appeared. Maybe the update caused the problem?

Thank you, the files are there and it seems the configuration is correct!

Do you have any idea why the configuration is not used when I download and run homeassistant? I was trying to download and run HA via docker this way:

docker run --init -d --name="home-assistant" --net=host homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:stable

which runs HA but starts a “wizzard” for new installation.

I see, I have to setup this configuration path via docker -v. Now it seems HA is up and running with my original configuration.

Thanks once again!