Problem with Flux LED platform since 0.43.1 update

Hi

I’m having a problem with the Flux LED platform, perhaps coincidentally, since the 0.43.1 update. The issue is that I tend to keep my LEDs switched off at the mains when not in use. If I restarted HA with the LEDs off I’d get a warning about the platform taking more than 10 seconds to start then the LED entity would show up as “unavailable”. Now, however, I get an actual failure:

17-04-27 09:41:29 ERROR (Thread-1) [homeassistant.components.light.flux_led] Failed to connect to bulb 192.168.0.15, TV LEDs

and the entity never appears (until I restart HA again with the LEDs switched on).

Has something changed or have I messed something up?

Thanks

With the current implementation the lights need to be on when HA starts.

Remove this line to always add the lights:

Hi, thanks for your reply.
I tried taking that line out (and changing it to True) but get this result:

17-04-27 11:03:58 ERROR (Thread-8) [homeassistant.components.light.flux_led] Failed to connect to bulb 192.168.0.15, TV LEDs
17-04-27 11:03:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 239, in _step
result = coro.send(None)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 361, in async_process_entity
new_entity, self, update_before_add=update_before_add
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 217, in async_add_entity
yield from entity.async_update_ha_state()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 239, in async_update_ha_state
state = self.state
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 350, in state
return STATE_ON if self.is_on else STATE_OFF
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/light/flux_led.py”, line 177, in is_on
return self._bulb.isOn()
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘isOn’

And of course the LED entity still doesn’t show.

I tried loading your code and got the following error:

Logger: homeassistant.config
Source: custom_components/flux_led/light.py:14
First occurred: 5:18:09 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:18:09 PM

Platform error: light
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config.py”, line 823, in async_process_component_config
platform = p_integration.get_platform(domain)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 424, in get_platform
cache[full_name] = self._import_platform(platform_name)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 429, in _import_platform
return importlib.import_module(f"{self.pkg_path}.{platform_name}")
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/importlib/init.py”, line 127, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
File “”, line 1014, in _gcd_import
File “”, line 991, in _find_and_load
File “”, line 975, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File “”, line 671, in _load_unlocked
File “”, line 783, in exec_module
File “”, line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
File “/config/custom_components/flux_led/light.py”, line 14, in
from homeassistant.components.light import (
ImportError: cannot import name ‘SUPPORT_RGB_COLOR’ from ‘homeassistant.components.light’ (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/init.py)

However, if I go to /usr/src, it’s completely empty, do you have any clue about what’s wrong with my homeassistant?