Problems with using multiple remotes with Broadlink

Good evening all,

I’m running into an issue with Broadlink remotes and I don’t understand why as it was working an hour ago.

I started off with my TV remote, and it was working perfectly. I’d learnt the buttons, captured the codes, andded them into automations and it was working well. As a result I decided to add the remote for my speakers. I thought I could just change the name and carry on, TV was samsung32 and the speakers were going to be logitech. It would not validate the files and kept telling that the commands that had previously worked were now invalid. When I removed any reference to logitech this stopped and it all worked again. As a result I renamed all of the devices samsung32 but gave them different _xxx names. This gets the following response:
Screenshot 2021-04-15 at 21.35.54

Can anyone advise on how I can fix this as I can’t see what it is that I have done wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Try adding name: The integration has changed.

- name: Living Room on

You may need to remove friendly_name.

Thanks for that,
it’s now giving me something else. Sorry I’m still really new to this and I have to say that I’m not that sure what I am doing. I just don’t understand why these bits should need to change when they worked fine originally.

Did I get your suggestion right?

I think I’ve fixed that issue, but I’m back to the original one. I removed the space in the line 5 name: Living_Room is now name:Living_Room. I’m back to the original error message though.

You forget the « - » before « name » and just indent everything correctly, see the example

# Example configuration.yaml entry
switch:
  - platform: broadlink
    mac: MAC_ADDRESS
    switches:
      - name: Philips TV
        command_on: JgAcAB0dHB44HhweGx4cHR06HB0cHhwdHB8bHhwADQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=
        command_off: JgAaABweOR4bHhwdHB4dHRw6HhsdHR0dOTocAA0FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve ended up rewriting it from scratch and it seems to be working now.

Can you post a sample of the final working code so others could benefit it they ever are in the same situation?

Sure!

Also, you need to start getting used to entering your code into your posts in text and not posting screenshots.

copy your existing code and add a line with three backticks (```) in it before and after the code block.

Ok, will do. I wasn’t aware of that.

1 Like

Hi all,
Unfortunately I now seem to have a new issue that I can’t explain as I’ve not changed anything:

I get this message from HA:

Logger: homeassistant.config
Source: config.py:437 
First occurred: 15:37:47 (5 occurrences) 
Last logged: 15:45:03

Invalid config for [automation]: expected str for dictionary value @ data['id']. Got None. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 9).
# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate

group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml
switch: !include switch.yaml

#Broadlink RM Mini 3
remote:
    host: 192.168.68.153
    mac: 24-DF-A7-36-D4-38
    name: Living Room Remote
    switches:
      - name: Living Room Samsung32 Power
        command_on: "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"
        command_off: "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"
      - name: Living Room Samsung32 Red
        command_on: "JgBeAY6VETgSOBE5ERMSExEUERQRFBE4EjgRORETEhMSExEUERQRFBETEjgROREUETgROREUETgSOBEUERQROBITERQROREABgiQlRE5ETgSOBEUERQRExITERQRORE4EjgRFBEUERMSExEUERQRFBE4EjgRFBE5ETgRFBE5ETgSExEUETkRExITETkRAAYElJURORE4ETkRFBETEhMRFBEUETkROBE5ERQRExITEhMRFBEUERQROBE5ERQROBI4ERQRORE4ERQRFBE5ERMSExE5EQAGBJSVETkROBE5ERQRExITEhMRFBE5ETgROREUERQRExITERQRFBEUETgSOBEUETkROBEUETkROBITERQRORETEhMSOBEABgWTlRE5ETgSOBEUERQRFBETEhMRORE5ETgRFBEUERQRExITEhMRFBE5ETgRFBE5ETgSExE5ETkRExITETkRFBEUETgRAA0FAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=="
      - name: Living Room Samsung32 Green
        command_on: "JgAYAY6VEjgRORE4ERQRFBEUERMSExE5ETkROBEUERQRFBETEhMSExEUETkRExI4ERQRFBETEjgROREUETgSExE5ETgSOBEABgWTlRE5ETgSOBEUERQRExITERQRORE4EjgRFBEUERMSExEUERQRFBE4EhMROREUERQRExI4ETkRFBE4ERQRORE4EjgRAAYJj5URORE4EjgRFBEUERMSExEUETkROBI4ERQRFBETEhMSExEUERQROBITETkRFBEUERMSOBE5ERQROBEUETkROBI4EQAGBZOVETkROBI4ERQRFBETEhMSExE5ETgSOBEUERQRFBETEhMRFBEUETkRExI4ERQRFBETEjgROREUETgSExE5ETgSOBEADQU="
      - name: Living Room Samsung32 Yellow
        command_on: "JgCMAI6UEzgROBE5ERQRExITEhMRFBE5ETgROREUERQRExITERQROREUETgRFBE5ERQRExITERQROREUETgSExE5ETgSOBEABgWTlBM4ETkROBITERQRFBEUERMSOBE5ETgSExEUERQRFBEUETgRFBI4ERQROBEUERQRFBEUETgRFBE5ERQROBE5ETgSAA0FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
      - name: Living Room Samsung32 Blue
        command_on: "JgDSAI6VEzcROBM3ExITEhMRExITEhM3EzYSOBMSERQRFBETEhMTEhM3ETgTEhM3ERQRFBMREzcRFBMSETgTEhE4EjkROBMABgOUlRE4EjgTNxMSERMSExEUExIRORM1EzgRFBEUERMTEhEUERQRORE4ERQTNxMSERMSExE5ERQRFBE4ERQRORE4EjgRAAYHkpUTNhM3ETkRFBETEhMTEhEUETkTNhE5ExIRFBETEhMRFBEUEzcROBITEzcRFBETEhMTNxEUERQROBEUETkROBI4EQANBQAAAAAAAA=="
      - name: Living Room Samsung32 source
        command_on: "JgCMAI6VETkROBE5ERQRFBETEhMRFBE5ETgSOBEUERQRFBETEhMROREUERQRExITEhMRFBEUERQROBE5ETkROBE5ETkROBEABgWUlRE4EjgRORETEhMSExEUERQROBI4ETkRFBETEhMSExEUETkRExITEhMRFBEUERQRFBETEjgRORE4EjgRORE4EjgRAA0FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
      - name: Living Room Samsung32 down
        command_on: "JgCMAJGVEjgRORE4ERQRFBEUERQRExI4ETkROBITERQRFBEUERMSOBITERQRFBETEjgROREUERMSOBE5ETgSOBEUERQRNhQABgSUlRE4EjgROREUERMSExITERQRORE4ETkRFBEUERMSExEUETkRFBETEhMSExE5ETgSExITETkRORE4ETkRFBETEjgRAA0FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
      - name: Living Room Samsung32 up
        command_on: "JgCQAI+VETgSOBE5ERMSExEUERQRFBE4EjgROREUERMSExEUERQRFBEUERMSExEUETkROBITETkROBI4ETkROBITEhMROREABgWTlRE5ETgSOBEUERQRFBETEhMRORE5ETgRFBEUERQRFBETEhMRFBEUERQRExI4ETkRFBE4EjgRORE4EjgRFBEUETgSAAFjCQANBQAAAAAAAAAA"
      - name: Living Room Samsung32 select
        command_on: "JgCMAI6VEjcSOBE5ERQRExITERQRFBE5ETgROREUERQRExITERQRFBEUERQROBEUETkROBITETkRORE4EhMRORETEhMSOBEABgWTlhI3ETkRORETEhMRFBEUERQROBI4ETkRFBETEhMSExEUERQRFBETEjgRFBE5ETgSExE5EjcSOBEUETkRExITETkRAA0FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
      - name: Living Room Logitech Power
        command_on: "JgBQAAABJJURFRAUERMSOREUERQRFBEUEjgRORE5EhMRORI4EjgRORITEhQRExIUETgTExEUERQSOBE5ETkSOBITEjkROBI4EgAFJAABKUoRAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA="
        command_off: "JgBQAAABJJURFRAUERMSOREUERQRFBEUEjgRORE5EhMRORI4EjgRORITEhQRExIUETgTExEUERQSOBE5ETkSOBITEjkROBI4EgAFJAABKUoRAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA="
      - name: Living Room Logitech Coax
        command_on: "JgBQAAABI5UTEhEUERQSOBITEhMRFBITEjkROBI4EhQROBM4ETkRORITERQSOBE5EhMRFRETEhMSOBI5ERMSFBE4EzgRORE5EwAFJAABKEkRAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA="
      - name: Living Room Logitech Optical_1
        command_on: "JgBQAAABJJQTEhIUERMSORETEhQRFBEUEjgRORE5ExIRORI5ETgSOBM4ERMSFBEUETkRFBEUEhMRFBE5ETkSOBITEjkROBI4EwAFIwABKEsRAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA="
      - name: Apple TV Remote Select
        command_on: "JgCQAAABJZISExI3EjcSNxITEjcSNxI3EjcSNxI3EhITEhMSExISNxITEhMSNxI3EjcSEhM2ExITEhMSEjcSExI3EjcSExITEgAE7QABKZITEhM2EzYTNhMSEzYTNhM2EzYTNhM2FBETEhITEhMSNxI3EhITNhMSExITEhITEhMSEhMSEzYTEhM2EzYTEhITEwANBQAAAAAAAAAA"
      - name: Apple TV Remote Menu
        command_on: "JgBMABITEjcSNxI3EhITNhM2EzYTNhM2EzYTEhMSExISExI3EjcSNxITEhMSEhMSExITEhITEhMSNxISEzYTNhMSExMSAAUyAAEoSRMADQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA="
#Broadlink RM Mini 3 Lily's Room
    host: 192.168.68.101
    mac: A0-43-B0-77-07-0E
    name: Lilys Room Remote
    switches:
     - name: Lily TV Power
       command_on: "JgCMAI2SEzYTNhI3ExISEhMRExITERM2EzYSNxMRExITERMSEhITEhI2ExITERMSExETEhISEjcUEBM2EzYTNhM2EjcSNhMABg+SkxI3EjYTNxISEhITEhISExETNhM2EzYTEhISExITERMSEhISNxMRExISEhQREhIUEBM3ExESNxI2EzYTNhM2EzYSAA0F"
       command_off: "JgCMAI2SEzYTNhI3ExISEhMRExITERM2EzYSNxMRExITERMSEhITEhI2ExITERMSExETEhISEjcUEBM2EzYTNhM2EjcSNhMABg+SkxI3EjYTNxISEhITEhISExETNhM2EzYTEhISExITERMSEhISNxMRExISEhQREhIUEBM3ExESNxI2EzYTNhM2EzYSAA0F"
     - name: Lily Speakers Power
       command_on: "JgBYAAABI5QSExITEhMSORETExISFBETEzgSOBE5EhMSOBQ2EjgSOBMSEhQSEhMTETkSExEUEhMSOBI4EjgTOBETEzgSOBE4EwAFIwABKUoSAAxhAAEoSxEADQU="
       command_off: "JgBYAAABI5QSExITEhMSORETExISFBETEzgSOBE5EhMSOBQ2EjgSOBMSEhQSEhMTETkSExEUEhMSOBI4EjgTOBETEzgSOBE4EwAFIwABKUoSAAxhAAEoSxEADQU="
     - name: Lily Speakers Optical1
       command_on: "JgBQAAABIpUSFBETExISOBMTERQSEhMTEjgSOBI4EhMSOBI4EzgSOBE5EhMSExITEjgTEhITEhMSExM4EjgROBMTETkSOBI4EgAFJAABKEsTAA0F"
     - name: Lily Speakers Direct
       command_on: "JgBQAAABJJQSExITEhMTOBETExISFBISEzgSOBI4EhMSOBM3EjgSOBM4EjgRFBITEjgSExITEhMSExITEjgTOBETEzgSOBE5EgAFJAABKEoSAA0F"

They’re the lines in my configuration.yaml. None of the living room remote switches are showing up. I’ve had a message saying that the device is deprecated. I’ve removed it and added it again and the message has gone. Do I need to relearn all the commands even though the remote codes are exactly the same?

Any guidance would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Now I’m getting this:

Invalid config for [switch]: required key not provided @ data['platform']. Got None. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 12). 

Now these:

Logger: homeassistant.config
Source: config.py:437 
First occurred: 15:37:47 (14 occurrences) 
Last logged: 16:50:02

Invalid config for [automation]: expected str for dictionary value @ data['id']. Got None. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 9).
Invalid config for [automation]: expected str for dictionary value @ data['id']. Got None. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 8).

I really don’t know what I am looking at as nothing has changed on lines 8 or 9. I’ve not touched them. I’m wondering whether to delete the whole lot and start again as I’ve got no idea what it is talking about. The issue there is that I’ll probably make the same mistake again.