Problems with WebCam and Homekit

Hi,

I have a Milesight Camera and want to make the Stream available in HomeKit. I tried ffmpeg and as well MJPEG Cam. Both has the same effect:

I can configure the Cam. For example with ffmpeg:

ffmpeg:

camera:
platform: ffmpeg
name: “Te Horo Cam”
input: http://202.74.197.78:8080/ipcam/mjpeg.cgi

In the Dashboard of the Home Assistant I see the Cam. I can click on it and see the Stream. So it works - in principle.

I add this to Homekit and the Cam show up in Homekit. I see the Image and it update every 10 seconds or so like it usually does with Cameras in HomeKit. When I click now on the Camera I should see the Stream, but that part is not working.

I tried the same with Hoobs Hub, where I was able to see the Stream. As my impression is that Home Assistant is the better Plattform so far, I would think I make something wrong.

Any ideas?

Frank

You didn’t post the details of your camera configuration in the HomeKit config so we only have part of the picture to go off of. But, in general, the easiest way is to first just get the camera working in HA as a camera device. Once you have it working in HA then it should also work in HomeKit as well. If you cannot view the stream in HA then you probably cannot in HomeKit either.

There are advanced configuration options for cameras but it may require that you use YAML to configure your HomeKit instead of the built in integration.

Sorry, that I did not make it more clear:

Streaming in HA is working.
When Add it via Homekit Bridge, it is not Streaming in HomeKit - but the Camera is recognized and show a Still Image. The Still Image is updated every 10 seconds. But when clicking on the Still Image - what usually in HomeKit switch to Streaming - it did not work.

Config is:

camera:
platform: ffmpeg
name: “Te Horo Cam”
input: http://202.74.197.78:8080/ipcam/mjpeg.cgi

It is a Milesight Camera.

Frank

I’m almost certain that mjpeg isn’t supported by HomeKit. Check if there is a h.264/5 endpoint you can try.

The Link say mjpeg, but the Format is set on the Camera and its H.264, 1080P, 25 fps, 4096 bitrate, BCR is CBR,