Pulling new docker image does not update

Right, but functionally they are not treated the same, at least not if you follow the doc as far as I can tell. I ended up with 2 separate images that appear to be identical when using the above update command from the doc.

If you do a docker pull off a particular tag, it will just pull in the image. If you run the same command to RUN the image with a different tag, it will pull the tag and run it.

These are different things entirely.

The updating documentation seems incomplete / incorrect then. My point was that all my steps have been based entirely on the install / update doc.

For a Docker container, simply pull the latest one:

$ sudo docker pull homeassistant/home-assistant:latest

After updating, you must start/restart Home Assistant for the changes to take effect.

You are right, my fault.

I guess the assumption is that you know how docker works and you know how to restart it.

If the documentation is incorrect, anyone can contribute and fix it. It doesn’t have to remain the way it is.

Did you modify this part to coincide with your actual 'path_to_your_config"?

Actually, you must delete and recreate a container from the updated image.

Did anyone figure out how to type the command to view the images that are pulled down via docker? And Also, how to get the hassio to upgrade after pulling the image? I tried pushing the upgrade button via the gui and I tried a pull command via cli. I guess I will just start up another vm somewhere and learn what docker is. I wonder if my raspberry image is using docker. Its funny why there aren’t instructions with step1 step2 step3 step4=assumed to be a reboot

None of this thread applies to hassio because the supervisor container manages the docker stack.

HassOS is a docker host. Hassio is running docker.

Oh, DO i just such update? I think mine won’t update since Im testing on a Pi2

If you have an update button in your hassio page, you just hit it the update button. If it doesn’t work you have a problem with your configuration