PVPC with injection price, gas compensation price and injection+gas

Hi.

I create a modified component of PVPC + Injection to add Gas Compensation of “Excepción Ibérica”.

Some electrical companies are starting to pay the excedents with Gas Compensation (Próxima, Lidera…), so I modified the sensor with that values for ours calculations.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing.

Just a question, why sensor’s name are in English?

Gracias por compartirlo

By style. Allí sensor use english names.

You can change them

I’ve already done to avoid modifying a few template sensors that I already had about this topic. I already had a python script to download gas compensation price but your custom component is way beyond

I’m surprised you don’t get more positive feedback considering the current component development seems to be stalled and you have added a lot of new information.

Thanks again!

1 Like

I’m glad you like it.

Unfortunately, in the end, the different electrical companies have not added the price of gas to the surplus compensation…

Based on what I’ve read, all companies that have “virtual battery” option are adding gas compensation to solar surplus

Also, it’s worthy in case you have a fixed electrical price like me but I need to add gas compensation to calculate the real cost (fixed price + gas compensation)

I’ve forked your code to see if I’m able to create a new sensor (fixed price + gas) and forecast the next hour price to detect lower cost hours and launch automations.

Thanks

At first yes, but a few days later they found out that the law does not allow it.

You can create a simple template sensor directly in HA.

For next best hours, in the attributes you have the forecast values and the best’s.

This could be merged into the official PVPC extension. Due to the new regulation, is very hard to compare PVPC against other company prices. While PVPC follows a somewhat similar curve to the gas prices, it is not identical and trying to obtain the real curve is not possible in the current official one.

Any chance to suggest a PR into the official PVPC extension? The option to choose which sensors to show.

Thanks!

1 Like

Maybe would need remove the injection + gas sensor before (the code is a little dirty). But, before, we need wait to see how gas compensation how evolves…

1 Like

True.
I do think this compensation is here to stay, and to be scaled further so that no-CO2 energies go in the electricity pricing pool, and CO2-generating energies are paid on their own.

Coming back to topic, in the github you mention “Si tienes otros sensores PVPC, se recomenda desinstalarlos antes.” Is this a recomendation to keep it tidy up, or is there any incompatibility if i keep the official pvpc integration and this one both active?

Gracias!

Tidy up. In special if you use the other component with injection that use same name sensor and you will get _2 names.

Today I have seen there is no information for the gas compensation metrics?
I checked at REE for PVPC and can see that there’s a “dash” (no info) for that concept.
Anyone knows why?

https://www.esios.ree.es/es/pvpc?date=23-10-2022

Edit: I found what happened. Apparently we are these days below the gas cap so the compensation is set at zero https://elperiodicodelaenergia.com/adios-al-tope-al-gas-el-precio-de-la-electricidad-vuelve-a-su-ser-tras-128-dias/

The gas compensation is only available when the price is more that 40€.

1 Like

TY so much for this, impressive work, keep on!

1 Like