Python packages

Hi, when I try to use an external python package in appdaemon using hassio (e.g. import influxdb and “python_packages”: [ “influxdb” ]) I get the following error warning:

Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f538d677ef0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again’,)’: /simple/influxdb/

any suggestions?

my biggest guess is that you run into restrictions from hassio.
hassio is a platform that makes things easy for inexperienced users.

what you are trying to do is advanced use.

I would guess the appdaemon3 docker container has limited internet connectivity

right.
because of safety they have placed restrictions in the docker.

Would be nice if there was an option to give people more privileges, I think most inexperienced users wouldn’t use appdaemon that often :wink: But perhaps I’m doing something wrong and it is still possible.

i think that if people are not inexperienced in python and linux, they shouldnt choose hassio :wink:
and you are right AD wasnt written for hassio, Andrew doesnt know hassio, I dont know hassio and the few other experienced AD users also dont use hassio.

thats why when you try to do stuff like that on hassio, there are hardly people around that for sure can tell you if its hassio or you. :wink: