Pyunifi errors in 0.44.2

Since upgrading to 0.44.2 I am noticing repeating errors that look like they relate to unifi:

2017-05-14 02:37:11 ERROR (Thread-10) [pyunifi.controller] Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

Any thoughts?

Just started playing with home-assistant in the last week for the first time, prior to upgrading everything was working fine, however I am too seeing the same thing every second along with 99% cpu usage.

Disabling the unifi config corrects the cpu usage.

Same here on 0.45.1. This causes the syslog file to grow around 33GB per day. Not cool.

How did you disable the unifi config?

Comment out unifi in the discovery section of the config

Problem still exists and OBLITERATES the log file with:

2017-06-05 07:09:37 ERROR (Thread-7) [pyunifi.controller] Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

It also DESTROYS PHYSICAL HARDWARE! This is the 2nd MicroSD card that has been destroyed by this problem since It was introduced!

It seems however that nobody gives a damn about this critical problem.

Opening an issue on Github is more likely to catch the attention of developers. However, it can probably only be fixed if there is a reliable way to reproduce it. I tried, but I did not get the problem with the following configuration:

device_tracker:
  - platform: unifi
    username: !secret unifi_username
    password: !secret unifi_password
    verify_ssl: false

Thus, please provide as many details as possible in the Github issue.

I have reported the issue on github: