Qubino Thermostat (old - ZMNHIAx) - can't set temperature

I don’t know if I should report it as a bug (if yes, can you guide me how to do it?)

I have an old Qubino Thermostat device (ZMNHIA2) for which I can’t set the temperature.
The problem looks similar to the one reported here: Zwave device conf broken after last update 0.103 - Configuration / Z-Wave - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

I went to the solution suggested in that thread: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/29844#issuecomment-567636172 but it didn’t work in my case.

I see two dots for setting the temperature:

When I try to set the upper dot, I’m getting the message: “Failed to call service cilmate/set_temperature. expected float for dictionary value @ data[‘target_temp_high’]”

When I try to set the lower one, the message is: “Failed to call service/climate/set_temperature. must contain at least one temperature, target_temp_high, target_temp_low.”

I tried to re-interview the device, then I see only one dot for setting the temp, but when I try to set it, I’m getting result as on the picture below, with the message as follow: “Failed to call service cilmate/set_temperature. some, but not all values in the same group of inclusion ‘temperature’ @ data[< temperature >]”

Any ideas how to fix that?

I’ve installed zwavejs2mqtt for testing, and here, if I go to the node section > Thermostat Setpoint v2, I can change the temperature (connected device turns on and off according to the setting).

But It still doesn’t work through the interface nor automations (there is even no option to set temperature if I choose device action, and when I try to call a service “climate: Set temperature” it doesn’t work)

Hello,

Looking at this, I thought lets give it a try at home. (also using a ZMNHIA). and I get the same result. From HA I cannot set the temperature anymore. results in same error.

from the Zwave JS server, I can set the temperature.

Anybody figured out how to get this to work?

my error:

2022-10-23 19:59:53.494 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event call_service[L]: domain=climate, service=set_temperature, service_data=entity_id=climate.gf_heating_kitchen, temperature=0.5>
2022-10-23 19:59:53.504 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection] [139631301168144] Value requested is not available
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 202, in handle_call_service
    await hass.services.async_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1738, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1775, in _execute_service
    await cast(Callable[[ServiceCall], Awaitable[None]], handler.job.target)(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 207, in handle_service
    await service.entity_service_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 678, in entity_service_call
    future.result()  # pop exception if have
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 931, in async_request_call
    await coro
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 715, in _handle_entity_call
    await result
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/climate/__init__.py", line 613, in async_service_temperature_set
    await entity.async_set_temperature(**kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zwave_js/climate.py", line 464, in async_set_temperature
    setpoint_high: ZwaveValue = self._setpoint_value_or_raise(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zwave_js/climate.py", line 209, in _setpoint_value_or_raise
    raise ValueError("Value requested is not available")
ValueError: Value requested is not available

I think there are some changed assumptions in this change

Is your thermostat in heat-cool mode?

Correct, it’s in Heat-Cool mode. that’s the only one available. although in Zwave JS gui it’s Mode 3 (Auto)

Yeah, I think you have a bug there. There were changes in that section of code, I believe since it is in Heat cool mode it is expecting 2 setpoints to be passed through. You can try doing that via an automation to see if it does work. If it does, you have good documentation to file an issue.

thank you. I’ve created a bug report for this.
(Climate.Set_temperature does not work when HVAC_mode = Heat_cool · Issue #80990 · home-assistant/core · GitHub)

Try to re-interview the device, and the post then device diagnostic data.

EDIT: add the diagnostic information to the GitHub issue as the template requested:

re-interviewing the device seems to have worked.

Anyone have a solution for this?
The workaround of setting the temp first and then the HVAC value doesn’t work.
The workaround of re-interviewing doesn’t work.

Home Assistant / Zwave keep seeing this device as Heat/Cool so I can’t set it to Heat only (which this device only can).
Also tried to Heal the network to no avail.

You may try setting the automation for that with following settings:

Device: (your thermostat)
Action: Set a value of a Z-Wave value
command_class: Thermostat Setpoint
property: setpoint
property_key: 1
endpoint: (leave it blank)
value: (your desired temperature).

Since I use time schedule for that thermostat it works pretty well. If you want to be able to set it manually, you probably need to create some helper where you can set the desired temperature, and then use the template to copy the value from the helper to the thermostat on each change.
I won’t help you much with creating such template, as my knowledge of templates is very basic. I can share the template I use to sync dim level between two lights and you can try to craft something out of it.

Thank you for your Help Kwieto,
I just started with HomeAssistant and making my first baby steps toward a migration from Domoticz.

To add the value: “manually” is working perfectly!
The Problem is now how can I re-use defined Helper Numbers. (ex. to change the temperature in all bedrooms to the pre-defined (in Helper pre-defined Target). value.
I just add the value to “input_number.temprature_away” and this is not working.
Thank you for any suggestions.

Finally I found the problem !
After installing Better Thermostat UI everything was working as expected!

Same pbm here, the bug report is closed…