Quota exceeded for quota metric 'Quota units' and limit 'Quota units per minute' of service 'homegraph.googleapis.com' for consumer 'project_number:627021166709'

Hundreds of occurrence of this error in my HA instance.

If you’re experiencing this issue please go to the github issue for it and “thumbs up” the original issue post: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/44497
So far I cannot find any commentary from the core team.

I added my metoo to the bug item. If I only knew it was something we can ignore. It concerns me when I see errors flooding my log

Same here. I’m surprised how long it takes someone to respond to this.

I suspect a lot of us are more concerned about security issues recently. It’d be very nice if one of the core devs could comment in the issue thread with what this looks like and that they are aware. Don’t need it fixed ASAP or anything if it’s just telemetry/google assistant issues… just throw us a bone while it’s waiting on the fix list.

me too. EVERY minute !

Any updates on this ? im having over 150 occurences just today alone. im trying to rid all the error in my logs

Nothing… Every minute! Pffff

Added my me too to the github as well. I had over 600 yesterday. I removed my network camera integration and I still get them, but the number has reduced to 97 in the last 24hours.

6 days no comment, great

Same here… interested to see what is going on.

The project id is common to everyone using the integration. This message is indicating that the project’s quota has been exceeded but it is only to do with state reporting, which is updating the state of an entity in real time for Google Home app screens or Nest devices with a screen. Updates have been made to filter out states which are not significant, but there are some situations which still need to be addressed, and the quota limit has already been met.

Some users have entities which are pushing state changes which are pointless, such as cameras sending “online” or in my case, a garage door cover was pushing a tilt position of 0%. The busier your logs, the more likely you have something that is overly chatty in this particular instance.

You can disable state reporting on the Google Assistant card (there’s a toggle) until appropriate updates have been made to better filter out these state changes.

1 Like

Hi @cogneato

Thankyou very much for chiming in!
So am I to understand that Nabu Casa has ownership of this project? This isn’t really clear to us, but your post certainly suggests that. The other possibility is an unintentional inclusion of a ‘private’ project which would be quite scary.

/Fribse

Yes, it’s the Nabu Casa integration and NC is the owner. Only Nabu Casa users using the Google Assistant integration with state reporting enabled would see this quota message.

1 Like

Thankyou for clearing that up, it is a BIG releif to hear!
If I disable state reporting, I would also loose the ability to see if a light was turned on / off as I understand, right? Or how will that impact the integration?

I just started getting this, any word on if we lose functionality if we disable and what is the status on a fix?