Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ and Bluetooth

Hello,

I bought new Raspberry Pi 3 board with Bluetooth support and installed latest Hass.io build (2.11) to it.

My device tracker configuration is following:

device_tracker:
    - platform: bluetooth_tracker

The problem is that I do not see any signs of Bluetooth operations in Hass.io logs. No errors, no my phone presence, no Miflora device in known_devices.yaml.

What do I miss in configuration? What could be the reason of malfunction?

Just by coincidence I found logs for home assistant (I always looked for logs in UI, not in filesystem). The logs are saying about Bluetooth:

2019-03-27 17:39:40 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Error setting up platform bluetooth_tracker
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/bluetooth/bluez.py", line 31, in discover_devices
	lookup_class=lookup_class, device_id=device_id)
_bluetooth.error: (110, 'Operation timed out')

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/__init__.py", line 184, in async_setup_platform
	disc_info)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
	result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/bluetooth_tracker.py", line 81, in setup_scanner
	for dev in discover_devices():
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/bluetooth_tracker.py", line 59, in discover_devices
	lookup_class=False, device_id=device_id)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/bluetooth/bluez.py", line 34, in discover_devices
	raise BluetoothError ("error communicating with local "
bluetooth.btcommon.BluetoothError: error communicating with local bluetooth adapter

What are my options in case if there are troubles with adapter? Does this error message mean that my Raspberry has broken Bluetooth?

did you find a solution?
I have the same issue and cant figure it out

No. However, after Pi shutdown, there are no more errors in logs, but I still do not see my phone in the list of known devices. I gave up.

The miflora is a BLE device so you will need to use that tracker instead. I think your phone will need to be in pairing mode and the pi rebooted for it to be picked up

I saw that thread about BLE
the problem is regular bluetooth tracker was working fine till 0.90.0 release i believe
and i havent seen any breaking changes regarding bluetooth
anyway i will try BLE now.