Read Only Access to Dashboard

Hi

I would like to set up read only guest access to view the dashboards I have created. I have remote access via Nabu Casa so unique url is sorted , but I only want guest users to see the dashboard, no side bar or access to make changes,

I created a user without admin rights but when I log in I can use the side bar to navigate to other dashboards and start up media players etc

So is there a way to control what a user can see but also control various entities? some form of RBAC model would be ideal?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Yes

Create sensors that show what you want them to see and place that in tabs that they can access

Don’t provide access to other tabs

Ok thank you … not too sure how to do that , but I’ll have a go once Ive sorted out an issue where HACS wont load with error: config flow could not be loaded …

All since I did the latest update to core

This doesn’t sound right to me; i think @tmjpugh meant to say “Create cards that you want them to see”, not “Sensors”. The card would have to restrict access. I’m trying to do something similar (trying to expose a camera feed through Nabu Casa anonymously) and haven’t sorted out all the moving parts yet, but it appears that you an use trusted_networks and a specific user for anonymous access.

Hi!
I’d like to do a dashboard for my guests, so that they can access it, but not modify nor access to any other entity.
I created a new user and, in config/.storage/auth replaced system-user by system-read-only.
I also use the browser mode (GitHub - thomasloven/hass-browser_mod: 🔹 A Home Assistant integration to turn your browser into a controllable entity and media player) to hide side bar, so that they can’t see the other dashboards. It works well: the user can only see the dashboard he is supposed to.
However, if he knows the url (add ?edit=1 after the dashboard name), then he can modify the dashboard, add cards, and thus control all entities!
Is there a possibility to fully prohibit access?
It works with the dashboards: if I set visibility to false for a user, then, when he tries to go to the url, he has a access denied and can’t see the page.
I was expecting the same behavior for editing a dashboard, which is even more “dangerous” as the user can do whatever he wants!
Any suggestion ? Thanks !