Read only entities can not delete

Hello All,
In my previous router i could set names for devices with a fixed IP.
In my new router this is not possible. So it uses the default name .
I have now entities with the same device but under another name.
And by entites they are amrked as read only so i can not delete them or select to be deleted.

I searched for 2 days to delete that old not used entities but not found a solution yet
any help is much appreciated

I cannot offer any help, as I’m in the same situation. For some reason my Mikrotik injected bunch of new devices named after their MACs and in desperate attempt to remove them I tried removing the integration. The real device/entities are deleted, but the ones that I don’t want are ready only with no way to be removed.

Did you find a solution in the mean time?

I know a possible solution. But I must say it’s definitely not the right way to go. But I also couldn’t find any other way. Be sure to make a snapshot before doing this.

In the .storage folder find the entities file and find the entities you want to remove. Make sure the json is correct before you save. Then restart HA.

In case anyone has the same issue. I faced the similar situation with a bunch of old esphome/mqtt based integrations (that I removed on integration level).
I could not delete the entities as they were marked as read-only. A cold restart of HA solved removed them. Running HA via docker.

4 Likes

Has anyone found a solution for this? I had to re-install my Alexa Media Player integration multiple times due to a recent bug, and now I have 4+ read-only copies of every entity (e.g. media_player.speaker, media_player.speaker_2, media_player.speaker_3, etc).

What I’ve tried:

• completely removed the integration and associated HACS integration
  • restarted HA
  • completely rebooted the system (Raspberry Pi)
  • checked .storage files (core.device_registry or core.entity_registry) for artifacts

They’re still present as read-only entities, and I don’t want to re-add AMP until I know the entities won’t be another set of duplicates.

Same issue here. Re did my Zwave Integration can can’t seem to remove left over entities, despite the Integration saying they would be removed once deleted. Help!!

another one following for the answer…

And another.

Including deleted DB…

Jarrod.

Still waiting.

Good day. I had the same problem but somehow it got fixed.
I did a cold start and the entities was still there. Then I reloaded the browser and the issue was gone