"Read only" Entity

Please post the code of the sensors you added. Read only means that you are not able to change the entity from the UI, only from YAML.

I have added a https://www.sonoffafrica.co.za/product/sonoff-pir2/.

Show the code you added to configuration.yaml

This is what is showing in Yaml

PIR

• platform: mqtt
    name: “Kitchen Sencor”
    state_topic: “tele/rf-bridge/RESULT”
    value_template: ‘{{value_json.RfReceived.Data}}’
    payload_on: “D46F0E”
    payload_off: “D46F0E_off”
    device_class: motion
    off_delay: 3
    qos: 1

This is the info I receive on Nobe Red

{“Time”:“2021-02-28T10:43:33”,“RfReceived”:{“Sync”:12530,“Low”:440,“High”:1240,“Data”:“D46F0E”,“RfKey”:“None”}}

Please read the community guidelines, especially point 11 on formatting code properly.

As I said previously, read only only means that you can’t customize it through the UI only through YAML.
Under Developer Tools -> States, do you see an entity called sensor.kitchen_sencor (you have a typo in your config, sencor instead of sensor) and does this entity reflect the state correctly?

This is the info in developer tools:

binary_sensor.kitchen_sensor off friendly_name: Kitchen Sensor device_class: motion

This is the info in Configuration Yaml:

PIR

name: “Kitchen Sensor”
    payload_on: “D46F0E”
    payload_off: “D46F0E_off”
    off_delay: 3

Please read the link I posted and format your code properly!

Does the binary_sensor change to on whrn motion is detected?

1 Like

From the json it seems you got “on” message.
So? What is the issue?

no it does not change when motion are detected, but Nobe Red is showing detection when I trigger the sensor

The issue are there are no detection showing on the entity on my dashboard and in developer tools

Do you have any error in configuration -> logs?

Please format your code properly and post it here, otherwise we are not able to see if something with your code is wrong.

This error are showing in Configuration-Logs

2021-02-28 13:01:08 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for remote_homeassistant which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.

That’s just a warning and not related to this issue. Once again, please post your code formatted properly.

I have copy and paste from " Home sight " video and the configuration are saved without any errors. So I don’t know how to change the code any other way. Can you send me a example.

He did there is a link above with how to format code.

But your payload is the D46… Thing and that shows up in node red, so it’s triggering.
But you want it to show in lovelace?
Continue the sequence to do some change you want. Input boolean or whatever you want to trigger when that code appears in your sequence

The code is 100% correct in die configuration. Other wise the configuration will not safe and shown valid. I think the problem are not with the code. Because if you watch Home Sight tutorial video how to configure sonoff rf with tasmota it must work 100% on that code. So the only problem are I do not get the signal in lovelace that must show when the sensor are trigger open and closed.

Kitchen_Sensor

name: “Kitchen_Sensor”
    payload_on: “D4027E”
    payload_off: “D4027E_off”
    off_delay: 5

This is not properly formatted code.

Also now suddenly the payloada are differwnt from the previous one you posted.

Also don’t follow videos on youtube or use any online guides that are not from the official documentation and then come here to the forum to complain that it doesn’t work. Often non-official guides are outdated quickly as HA evolves so fast.

Back to your code, are you sure that the topic is correct? Can you please show the json you see when there is motion and when there is no motion? Is Home Assistant connected to the MQTT broker.

I give up now.
If OP insist on not formating the code here then I give up.