Receivers supported in HA

Hi all!

I am looking for a new receiver and hoping to find one wich i can also neatly integrate in HA. I read about Onkyo and Denon being support but to what extent? Is there a list somewhere with suppoerted models and what is supported?

I am currently looking at:
Onkyo TX-NR676
Onkyo TX-NR656
Denon AVR X2300W
Denon AVR X3300W

Thanks in advance for the help!

1 Like

Mostly all supported AVs can be turned off/on and select source. Volume control might be in there as well.

~Cheers

You could also take a look at Yamaha. They support musiccast. I have created a custom component for it.

Thanks for the replys but ‘mostly all supported’ is somewhat to vague to Base a purchase on. Someone with more accuracy?

There’s also an Anthem receiver that supports Anthem receivers.

It’s very expensive and the line of receivers geared towards sound quality and less about streaming services such as Pandora and Apple AirPlay which Anthem doesn’t have, as that is what an external set-top-box should be used for, such as Roku and Apple TV.

Anthem’s line of receivers are expensive, but you are paying for the sound quality out of Anthem’s built-in high-quality amplifiers if you’re going for it. And if you do, you’d probably already have a set-top-box for streaming music anyway. Even your computer as an HTPC as well.

https://www.anthemav.com/products-current/

Anthem MRX-720 ($2,499) is what I’d go for if you can afford it. You can add Dolby Atmos speakers later on if you buy a 4-channel amplifier.

Even though home theater technologies will come out in the next few years (HDR 2, maybe? 8K (7680x4320) resolution? I’m not sure what technologies the movie and home theater industry might come up with…), Anthem should last you for years to come.

So yeah, at such high price, Anthem does not gear towards consumers, but more of prosumers – for custom installers. But that does not mean you can’t install it yourself. You can install it yourself if you have the technical know-how. Onkyo, Yamaha, and Denon are your typical household brands for mainstream consumers. Even better, with Anthen, you are not paying for bells and whistles like Apple AirPlay and Pandora Internet radio streaming.

Onkyo allows ON/OFF, Volume, source, zone 2 control(I not verify).

Casting may be possible but this will be device dependant and may not true be HA enabled feature.

as anybody had any joy with Zone 2?

How do we implement it in the configuration?

Thanks