Relay board for Home assistant

The link is in previous post. The ETA for the package is tomorrow. When I get the product, I will post a review there.

The product is here: smartDEN Maxi IoT - I/O Relay Module MQTT, HTTP with DIN RAIL BOX - Denkovi A E LTD

Some years ago I tried Denkovi products (wifi relay board: Wi-Fi Relay Module - 12 Relays, IO, WEB, HTTP API, SMTP, Telnet for another application and worked well.
But the relays from the wifi board doesn’t work in multiple mode (using digital inputs and logical command). Only one config can be set. Also the relay status feedback for HA is by pooling, which is a bad way to do.

In my lighting control I want to use push switches and the relay status feedback can be done by MQTT, that’s why I will try the smartDEN board.

I look forward for your review.

Hi @Ales1,

The package had a customs issue. Happens a lot in Brazil.
Fililing out the forms….

Hi @giliardi

Any news. Did you get smartDEN?

You could consider this: RPI RELAIS 8CH: Raspberry Pi - Relais-Modul, 8 Channel, Hutschiene, HLS8L-DC5V-S bei reichelt elektronik

It’s cheap, just add an Ethernet-enabled ESP board (Quindor makes good ones: QuinLED-ESP32 – ALLNET China ).

Be aware when connecting it to mains; no certification!

Hi @Ales1,

The package still stucked at Customs :upside_down_face:
Brazil’s things…

I hope to finish customs procedure next week.

Hi @Ales1!

Good news! The SmartDEN arrived.
I’ll post a detailed review in a few days, but so far first impressions are good.
I did a quick workbench setup for relays with pushbuttons on digital inputs (setup directly on module - it doenst depends on HA to work “offline”. It works great.
Also, I did the MQTT integration on HA and the module worked like a charm… the feedback time to/from HA <-> SmartDEN is very good.

Quick-test-video: SmartDEN - Quick Setup Test - YouTube

3 Likes

Any news about your experiences with this relay board?

Hi, I’m curious about your experiences with the device now 3 months later.
Did you post that review somewhere else?

Hello @Nick4!
Not yet! I’m on vacation.
As soon as I return I’ll post it!

1 Like

Hi!

So, what is your experience?

Which cables should I choose to connect “door bell” type buttons with relay board? Are there limits for cable max distance?

Dos it support double push or long push?

Hello @Nick4!

First of all, sorry for the late reply! I am in the process of starting construction of the new house. So there are many things that take up time during the work.

In the meantime, I bought Kincony A32 board and testing togheter.

The relay boards I’m testing are very good. Good integration with HA, good operation and reliable, so far.

I’m going to use these boards in my new house. I gonna control ~150 light circuits (most are LED), 10 window blinds (external), some controlled outlets, solenoids, and others.

I’m intended to use Kincony boards, because of number of circuits, I would need buy a lot of 8 channel boards. Using de A32, the number decreases substantially.
I installed the KCS firmware and using MQTT protocol to talk to HA. It works like a charm.

My concern is about the lifespan of relay modules. However, this is a issue I would face on others market boards and suppliers. To prevent short life of the relays, I gonna protect some of them (those who gonna control critical loads like garden/wet lights/circuits, solenoids, using contactors and couple relays between load and boards.

@EarthK the relays are activated by the boards (the HA can be offline and everything still working) using the related Digital Input of the board. The cable from pulse switch will be awg 26 because they will be working on 12v.

1 Like

Thank you for your update!
I bought an ESP version from them with replaceable relays.