Restore from backup over new install - stuck at onboarding?

Clean install of HAOS (was running Container). Attempted partial restore of all but core from yesterday’s backup, but I’m still at Onboarding - shouldn’t I be looking at Lovelace post-restore?

I verified that the backup loaded (ha backup) and restarted the server - same place. I could rebuild it from scratch - yuck; I could also create a new local account and try to do a restore once in the UI. Ideas?

1 Like

Finally gave up on this - did a new clean install of Container and full restore from backup. Once restored, I was able to update everything - so I got to where I wanted to be, albeit a couple of days later. But its a hobby…

1 Like

Ran into the same issue few minutes ago trying to migrate from a 2gb Pi 4b to an 8gb. Took a backup on the 2gb running HAOS, tried to restore on the 8gb during onboarding after flashing from here:
https://github.com/home-assistant/operating-system/releases/download/9.4/haos_rpi4-64-9.4.img.xz
No progress, nothing.
Refreshing still takes me to the onboarding screen.
Onboarded manually and tried restoring manually from the Backups page, lost connection for a bit, refreshed and still nothing. My restore was also from HAOS, so that’s even worse that it wouldn’t work with a fresh HAOS install.

1 Like

Just going through this same pain here, restored using an 8gb backup on to an SSD and it’s stuck in an infinite loop around “create a user account or restore a backup” → restore → 20 mins → “create a user account or restor a backup” → restore…