Restored Hassio and now can't access via duckdns domain

Hi all,
Hope you’re well.

So, I made a right mess of everything yesterday whilst messing about with DHCP. Long story short, I had to reset my router, mesh network and Hassio.

Got everything back up and running, restored a full snapshot to Hassio but I can’t figure out how to get access back through my duckdns domain. When I now try to connecting using https://.duckdns.org, I get the HA icon and ‘Loading data’ with the donut of death. After it’s spun for a while, it refreshes to ‘Unable to connect to Home Assistant’.

If I use the static and reserved IP for my RPi, https://10.0.0.2:8123, it will connect, albeit with Chrome erroring:

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from 10.0.0.2 (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Help improve Chrome security by sending URLs of some pages that you visit, limited system information and some page content to Google. Privacy Policy
This server could not prove that it is 10.0.0.2; its security certificate is from .duckdns.org. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

Proceed to 10.0.0.2 (unsafe)

I’ve tried deleting the domain and recreating it in duckdns, uninstalled the addon and reinstalled it, rebooted the host multiple times, sworn at it. Nothing seems to have made a difference.

After the reinstall the addon log showed:

# INFO: Using main config file /data/workdir/config
+ Generating account key...
+ Registering account key with ACME server...
+ Fetching account ID...
+ Done!
[06:48:20] INFO: OK
<my IP>
NOCHANGE
# INFO: Using main config file /data/workdir/config
 + Creating chain cache directory /data/workdir/chains
Processing <my domain>.duckdns.org
 + Creating new directory /data/letsencrypt/<my domain>.duckdns.org ...
 + Signing domains...
 + Generating private key...
 + Generating signing request...
 + Requesting new certificate order from CA...
 + Received 1 authorizations URLs from the CA
 + Handling authorization for <my domain>.duckdns.org
 + 1 pending challenge(s)
 + Deploying challenge tokens...
OK + Responding to challenge for <my domain>.duckdns.org authorization...
 + Challenge is valid!
 + Cleaning challenge tokens...
OK + Requesting certificate...
 + Checking certificate...
 + Done!
 + Creating fullchain.pem...
 + Done!

And it’s happily pinging duckdns with my current IP, which is replying with NOCHANGE.

Both keys are in /ssl and were updated this morning by the addon.

No errors in the HA log, the only thing that sort of stands out is that the time in that log is out by an hour (DST happened here on Sunday).

I’m sure it’s something really and embarrassingly simple to put right but for the life of me I can’t figure it out.

Happy to give anything a go, before I result to a fresh install and crying.

Thanks for any help or advice!

Oh. My. God. I’m an idiot. As soon as I hit post it came to me, I’ve reset my router…and not forwarded ports again.

:man_facepalming:t3:

Yep, that sorted it lol.

Good work team, thanks for the assist. If I’d not typed all of that out I’d probably never have worked it out. I’ll leave this up so that people can marvel at my stupidity and just in case anyone else somehow manages to do this.

A lovely cathartic start to my day.