Reusable Docker supervisor

Hi all,
I’ve developed and aquarium controller, that runs on Docker and RaspberryPi. Recently, I started automating my house with hass.io and got pleasantly surprised with such a nice architecture, specially the Docker orchestration to manage core and add-ons container.
Also, my project has a lot of similar functionality, which is a pain to maintain and distracts me from the main goal to control an aquarium.

Needless to say it would help a lot of I was able to use hassio’s docker supervisor to manage my project. I can also see it being extremely helpful for anyone building other private cloud and iot projects with docker.

So, is there a way to reuse Hass.io docker supervisor container without home assistant itself?
Is this separation something you look forward in the architecture?
If not, would you recommend another similar open source project?

I have already started getting acquainted with the code and would like to offer a pair of hands, if such a change is welcome.

Cheers,
Franklin Dattein

It is all open source, you can do what you like with it (within the licence, which is very liberal).

I really like HassOS and the idea of the supervisor. The fact Homeassistant is integrated so deeply smells bad :frowning: That’s why I started to work on a supervisor which is not bound to Homeassistant. Please have a look at this branch. (not tested)

https://github.com/cschroeter/hassio/tree/feature/no-homeassistant