Revamped Lovelace Screens [Updated 15/5/19]

Thanks for sharing. Looks great

1 Like

Well done… That looks really good. Thanks for taking the time to share.

QUESTION - Does it scale very well?

At the moment I only have 1 touchpanel mounted in my house which is a RP 7" Touchscreen, just wondering if I’d be able use it. Hopefully in the next week or so I’ll be able to give it a go.

1 Like

I have different views for different devices by using custom:compact-header, generally anything with pictures doesn’t scale to well unless they are embedded into another card but the scaling will be different for the picture compared to any other custom component you also have in that card. So on a certain scale my bar_cards will perfectly align with a picture but if I view on mobile they may not. You can always just adjust the padding or use custom:gap-card to fix for you tablet screen resolution. Let me know if you wan’t help with this when you get your tablet.

1 Like

Hey @jimpower,

great new look! It’s always an inspiration for design and tech solutions! Thanks for that!
One question: which is the clock-card you use? I don’t find it in your github repo?

Thanks
Ralf

@Ralf thanks for kind words. You’re right there maybe a few items that aren’t on my repo I will add the card for you shortly I don’t have access just now will let you know when it’s up.

@Ralf you can find the clock card here

I must give credit to @ tyrsen his palms springs theme contained this and I shamelessly aquired it from there with minor changes to suit my own UI.
Palm Springs Theme check it out its pretty awesome this community has some mad skills.

@jimpower Thanks for the fast answer!

/ Ralf

1 Like

Awesome work @jimpower, very inspiring, thank you ! I changed from the Midnight theme to the version posted on your github (love the rounded corners and the transparency). I have an issue though with the standard Lovelace thermostat card. In “standard” Midnight it looks like this :

. With the modified Midnight, it looks like this (second picture) . Any ideas on how to make it look better ? Thanks !!

That is definitely something to do with the transparent layers used in that card. I don’t use the thermostat card let me have a play around with it we might have to employ custom card modder on it.

1 Like

Yeah it’s the card background so you could use custom card modder and use the style section to add a new less transparent card background. I’m not in front of my pc atm but I can help in a few hours unless some else beats me to it.

Great stuff, I’ve not really played with the Lovelace custom cards but it looks great (functionality of the standard interface suits my purpose).

I am interested to know more about how you’ve setup your wall switches for lighting? I have recently converted my house lighting over to led but they are controlled via the standard (Australian) wall switches to turn on/off. But would love to modify the wall switches to allow HA access to control the ceiling lights.

Are you able to provide a listing of hardware you are using in your home automation stack? Looks like you have some xiaomi stuff. Are you using esp8266 to create custom sensors / controls? I also noticed some ir blasters in ur stack, is that the broadlink rm pro? Have you create reed sensors for your washing machine and dryer to determine open/close status? I also noticed you had garage door status, what hardware did you use for that?

Lots of hardware related questions sorry :slight_smile:

Hi @craigcarps if you visit my repo most of your questions are answered in detail there, let me know if you can’t find anything in particular and I’d be happy to elaborate.

In short sonoff basic for wall switches, sonoff ifan02 for fans, esp32 for fan wall switches, esp32 for garage door plus 12V relay with ultrasonic for door position and car presence. Washer/Dryer use power socket with xiaomi door/window sensors. Wemos D1 mini for automated Marvel wall lighting.

Cheers for the info

With the sonoff wall switches, did you fit those or get a sparky to do it?

Hey

How did you get status from your unifi controller?

HOTSEX!

Any specific reason you use XIAOMI Hub vs. deConz?

@craigcarps I am an RF Design Engineer and the first 3 years of my degree was electrical so I was confident enough in doing myself and they are now c tick approved for use in Australia. If you are unfamilar with your countries wiring standards I suggest you buy the ctick versions and have a sparky fit them.

@MrEMC I enabled snmp in the AP’s and use the snmp sensor, you can find the details for those in my system_status.yaml.

@dustin.glover lol HOTSEX! Funny you shouod mention that I have had the zigbee stick sitting in a drawer since before Christmas. I still use the Xioami Gateways as TV Back Lights but I am now up to 68 devices and have pretty much hit the device limit for 2 Gateways so was just thinking I would make the transition this week.

1 Like

Hi, cheers for the info. Your github has lots of great info. I’m based in Australia too.

Sounds like there was a bit of effort getting the ceiling leds setup with ha (eg making holes in walls). Do you have any dimmer controls with the sonoff wifi switches?

So did you find that the single and dual sonoff wifi switches fit alright in the existing Australian light switch wall boxes?

@jimpower

How do you get baseoid?

The only real challenge was the fans back then I used a 4ch sonoff but I have since replaced them with the much slimier ifan02 models. I installed the sonoff behind the wall plates all my walls are all plasterboard and there was plenty of room. I also used the gpio pins connected back to the switch so my wife could still use the wall switches. I don’t use dimmers mainly because there weren’t any installed to begin with and I automate my light levels with smart bulbs anyway. My philosophy is to not have to interact at all and when I do I just ask Alexa to do it. So lights slowly increase with the fading sunlight and they dim and brighten when media is playing etc. They flash colours with notifications.

I used snmp walk from my router but most home routers may not be able to do that.Most of the common ones are already in my config is there any you want I could help you get id them.