RFLINK and Hass.io| /dev/serial/by-id/usb-id01234 problem?

Hi all,

I’m trying to set up my RFLINK according to this instruction.
after two days puzzling, it looks like the /dev/serial/by-id is not avialable in hass.io? Or do I overlook something?

Thank you for your advice and tips.

Just wanted to say that I have the same problem, installed Hass io and tried adding my RFLink but unfortunately it does not seem to be ‘mounted’ there is no /dev/MCA0 or /dev/ttyUSB0 or whatever. No new devices in /dev/ my zwave device however does get mounted. Very strange. A collegue of mine also had the same problem switched to the old pi image (not Hass io) and it worked immediately.

But I would prefer to use Hass io

Is there anyone with some tips?

I ran hassio host hardware with the following result:

{
“result”: “ok”,
“data”: {
“serial”: [
“/dev/ttyACM0”
],
“input”: ,
“disk”: ,
“audio”: {
“0”: {
“name”: “bcm2835 - bcm2835 ALSA”,
“type”: “ALSA”,
“devices”: {
“0”: “digital audio playback”,
“1”: “digital audio playback”
}
}
}
}
}

so it should be under /dev/ttyACM0 but when I look in the /dev/ directory it isn’t there.

I have the same problem, but with different setup (Expose USB from addon). I see that the usb is at /dev/ttyACM1 but can’t connect to the device …

Tried with Hassbian yesterday and it worked fine, device mounted under /dev/serial/by-id/xxx. So I’ll stick with Hassbian for now, shame I really liked Hassio’s features

You could use remserial on the host. This would give you lots of flexibility. I’m using a dedicated RPi as serial to Ethernet server. I have connected two rflink devices.

In HASS.io I add the rflink as Ethernet device, so by IP address and port number.

This way it’s platform and hardware independent.
My HASS.io is running on a notebook with broken screen. 16 gb of ram, hyper-v container i7 cpu while only using 20 watts. So al lot of performance and stability without a running server.

Oh, and it has a built in UPS…

hi rtenklooster - that sounds like a very interesting idea - unfortunately I am not very experienced with home assistant in general and remserial in particular could you please explain in some more detail how a local usb connected RFLink can get to work on a raspi 3 with hass.io - that would be great.

Hey, this one is still open. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue. I guess it is general to accessing serial devices from hass.io but in particular the RFLink appears to be used by some more people. Please, hass.io is soooo cool!! IMHO it would be a big step back to use hassbian instead.

I found the solution on Github :slight_smile:

Danito wrote: when using hassio, your usb devices are redirected to /dev/tty… so in your configuration you can put /dev/ttyACM0

Then, do not forget to add the rflink light, switch and sensor components.
I added the sensor component under # weather prediction (adding an extra “sensor” causes a conflict):

'- platform: rflink

hello

today is my first HASS.IO Day.
Install was ok, but now i want to add my devices.

i read this

but have the same Problem: Have no Folder /dev/serial and no /dev/ttyACM0

can nobody help me?

Please use hassio host hardware via your SSH client to see the USB devices connected to your system.

From a ssh on your device, use hassio hardware info
It will list all the USB port in use.
To detect RFLINK, do it before pluging in, then after. The new line on USB is your RFLINK.

1 Like