Ring Doorbell

2017-08-06 13:01:51 ERROR (Thread-2) [homeassistant.util.yaml] duplicate key: “sensor”

I removed one of the sensor and moved the codes to the other line. It works now… Thank you!

1 Like

@tchellomello Any update on the last camera image capability?

Is this component works now in real-time or polling at fixed time interval?
What I meant was if my doorbell sees some motion will HA get the update right away (excluding network delays and delay from Ring network itself) or it will wait until next poll time kind every 15 seconds or a minute?
Thanks

1 Like

I can’t speak to the code behind it, but it responds about as fast as the Ring app does for dings and motion.

Hello guys,

The code does pull the data from the cloud. Regarding the image capability I’m working on that to see if we can do it.
mmello

I am not sure this will help you, but i have ring addon in my kodi and it does show recorded video.

Here is the git of person who has build it

It’s funny because he does credit @tchellomello for the python code to login. Lol. I think a collaboration is in order to get video into HA. :wink:

yeah… I read that later.

Hello guys,

Code posted at Ring Binary sensor Doesn't differenciate between devices · Issue #8279 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Please let me know if worked for you.
mmello

@tchellomello I noticed your ring_doorbell library has the ability to output the last video capture URL and download the last video triggered by ding. Any way those could be implemented into a camera component? :slight_smile:

Hello @firstof9

Yes that is on the plans. Trying to arrange some time to put it together. Your help is very welcomed if you want to help.

mmello

1 Like

Been looking into this, seems like it’d be able to be done efficiently if the HTML5 Video tags were used.
Is it possible to use such a tag in Home Assistant for a component?

Reading through this thread it sounds like there is an ability to show the captured video of the last event, but at the end of the thread maybe not lol. Was this ever able to be accomplished? Thanks!

@darbos it’s coming when @tchellomello has time. Or someone with the know how can help. I would if I could :wink:

Thanks! Wish I could too lol

Im curious,
Is there a way to have Ring Pro “use” the different “Zones” of the motion sensor to do different things?
For example:
I have 3 Zones set up.
Zone 1 is my front porch,
Zone 2 is the sidewalk in front of my house
Zone 3 is for the street passing my house.
BTW this is all from the ONE Ring Pro, not multiple devices. I have 2 Ring Spotlight cams in the back, but they are not associated to this question.

I want a text/email notification, and a recording captured, if Zone 1 is triggered ( and in conjunction with no doorbell being rung?) AT ALL TIMES.
If zone 2 or 3 are triggered, I just want it to record like normal.
Other wise the “Zones” are pointless, right?

Hello guys,

I’m testing a new Ring component to enable to see the latest snap image capture from the camera and when clicked on the image, to playback the video.

The code is still under development but it worked for me. To make sure the video will play, you will need to enable the ffmpeg platform.

The code is available at: https://gist.github.com/tchellomello/0318b9c7e0e29ef4ca58603ead5a8331

To test it, just place this file at custom_components/camera/ring.py and then enable the camera ring platform.

# configuration.yaml
ring:
  username: [email protected]
  password: secret

camera:
  - platform: ring

ffmpeg:

Then when I click at the image, it playback the video.

Please if anyone can test would be amazing!!

mmello

5 Likes

Mello giving this a shot, do i need to trigger a motion event then I would see a video in the UI? As it doesn’t show up like that. I did all the steps?

This is what I got in the error, maybe I am putting the ring.py file in wrong spot? It’s in the configuration folder>custom_components>camera

Failed config General Errors: - Platform not found: camera.ring

HI, From what I can gather, this setup seems to break my Zoneminder installation with nothing coming through on Zoneminder and in addition to @ian611 above, cannot actually see the component in the UI…

Happy to continue testing if we have any progress on the above… or change my config to hepl resolve…