Ring live stream

I have been using Homebridge-ring for a little while and I am able to live stream the doorbell camera without the need of a ring protect account. Is it possible to get this feature in Home Assistant?

It is not possible because of ring limitations, they do not provide / have a accessible feed such as rtsp. Thus this is a limitation because of the ring eco system and not home assistant itself. If you want a better and cheaper camera integration for home assistant look into Wyze cameras, they run around $25 per camera and work flawlessly.

Interesting. I wonder how ring-homebridge is able to do it? I can look at a live streams from my ring doorbell (without a subscription) in the home app using that plugin. I have Wyze cams and love them. Just waiting for the outside versions to come out.

Oh cool, looks like someone may have finally reverse engineered a live stream, assuming this npm works it might actually be possible.

I have been dying for Live Ring video in my HA dashboard, similar to my indoor Wyze cams.

Please post tutorial if anyone gets it figured out. Thanks!

2 Likes