Roborock S4

Is anyone already using the S4 in combination with HA?!

I started my experience days before while using the roborock-app, now i’m a bit confused.
For using the robo in ha i need to change to MI-home-app?! Isn’t the cloud server in the background the same?! Anybody some ideas about this?!

THAAAAAAAANKS a lot

What do you want to achieve?

Integration can be done with the xiaomi miio platform

1 Like

First of all - I’m an IOS user and i forgot to mention it.

yeah ok… i saw this one already, but unfortunately after setting up my robo with the roborock app ^^

Now I’m confused what I’ve to do.
Is there any option for me (no android nearby) to get the key without the MI app?!
Do i need the MI app and especially a MI account to use the miio platform?!
Or would it be enough to “organize” the token and suit up the miio platform and stay by this lovely roborock-app.
Because i prefer this one already.

Sorry for this kind of noob questions
For me it’s not really clear what the platform in combination with the token does.
It uses the api of the official producer cloud, correct?!
But the only authentification method is this unique 32 hex token, correct?!

You can use thecommand line tool to extract the token.

If you have the token, you can still use whatever app you’re using right now. Myself I am using the Mi Home app sometimes (to see the map), Flolevac for quick actions and HA for status of the roborock.

1 Like

Ah i see!
Thanks a lot! Very kind :slight_smile:

So now my noob status is starting well :see_no_evil:

Where and how should i install the command line tool?!
I have a mac and a HA raspberry.
Unfortunately the raspberry is in the wrong network because i only use the guest wifi for the robo… of course this could be changed as well. But i prefer the way with the mac.

Can i install first npm and than miio directly on my mac terminal?! Is this a good idea? Better to use a linux image on the mac and doing the commandline thing?

Give it a try and see if it works on your mac, if not, try Linux, no harm in trying :wink:

UPDATE:

so in the end and with the help by @Skye it was really easy to do the token thing
but anyway i break up with this way of smarting the robo

while doing the first robo steps i started with an extra wifi (guest wifi by fritzbox) only for the little china boy. I hoped that it would be possible to stay in the different network with the robo and talk from HA to the robo while using the china cloud.
Now i learned this wouldn’t be possible and the HA instance and my robo should share the same network.

In this case i prefer the “safety” by using the special wifi only for the robo and because of my own restrictions i’m not going to be able to have the total automation.
Anyway maybe there will be some valduta / dustcloud solution in the far future and i’ll wait.

BUT
Thanks a lot :slight_smile: