Roborock S7 entity always unavailable

Hi @sedin and @elementoulis, I have S5 Max and I have the same issue. Those entities listed by @sedin are also Unavailable for me. Did you find any solution?

@jambuu I was unable to find a solution but restored an earlier backup and keeps fingers crossed that a fix is in the works

Hi @sedin, I raised this issue to home assistant here and it turns out it is not a bug, but a feature. You simply need to enable the disabled entities and voilà, everything works.

1 Like

That was an easy fix, maybe would have helped with a short notice about it on breaking changes. Great that it works again now. Thank you a lot for the info!

Having the connection issue with my S7 as well.
Problem for me is the following:

1. I can’t assign a fixed IP to my vacuum as my ISP’s router doesn’t support it. Running a modem-only with my own router isn’t an option sadly…
  2. I don’t think I’m running HA in a different subnet. However I don’t know how to check this as I’m not experienced in that matter. I recently moved from an RPi to my M1 Mac via Docker. But the problem was existant on both devices.

Does someone know how I can fix this issue in my case? I rely on home assistant for some automations that aren’t supported by the Mi Home App. For now I’m removing and re-adding the vacuum daily but obviously this isn’t the way to go. I also don’t think you can automate the reinstallation of an integration on a daily basis?

I hope someone waay smarter than me will be able to figure this one out.

it worked perfectly here

Thanks

I try to implement this as you describe but this does not work for me. I have the same set up as you.
Can you help me pls.

Any details where in the process you are failing?
What have you tried already as troubleshooting steps?

It is hard to help having just the information „this does not work for me“ :wink: