Rtsp stream support for camera

Hello,

RTSP stream support for IP cameras would be very usefull.

Thanks

Hschroyen

8 Likes

Agree. I’ve got one Netgear camera that I can’t get to work with either the mjpeg or generic platforms, despite the fact that I can get the camera to display streaming or still through a direct URL. This might be a solution to that problem.

+1

I agree also. This would be very beneficial

I vote for this! I have a Xiaomi Ants camera that support rtsp.

Thanks
Naoufal

I would strongly suggest to release an interface to RTSP camera. It will be really useful to integrate into HA those devices.
Thank you for your great work

Count my vote as well. I have a bunch of these cheap Escam cameras that support RTSP.

A little off topic but if you ever have problems locating the RTSP url and camera supports ONVIF this works well.

Thanks! This is another great site to get stream URLs from most of the cameras out there:

https://www.ispyconnect.com/sources.aspx

2 Likes

I agree. That site has most of them.

One of the reasons I had to use the ONVIF Device Manager was that a few of my cameras were so generic they didn’t even have a model or brand name on them. :slight_smile:

This would be very useful for early model foscam cameras like the C1, which do not support mpeg streaming. +1

Hi,
After some time googling on the Escam cameras I got the feed working by entering the following url in the mpeg configuration:

yourip:port/cgi-bin/hi3510/snap.cgi?&-getstream&-chn=1

No login or password necessary…

But after the last HA update, clicking the feed made it crash. It does however provide a snapshot.

If it helps anyone, I’ve got a camera with onvif-support and solve the problem by adding the following to cron and use Home Assistant’s image file camera component. Of course, I had to install avconv first.

* * * * * cd /home/hass/.homeassistant/extraconfig/webcam && sudo /usr/bin/avconv -i rtsp://192.168.0.59:554/onvif1 -ss 0:0:2 -frames 1 no1.jpg
1 Like

Could you write down a step by step instruction how to get it working? I tried to install avconv (ffmpeg) but couldn’t proceed.

I just ran
sudo apt-get install libav-tools and that was it.

I succeed installing avconv as you suggested and add the crontab -e (and replaced it with the IP address of my ONVIF cam. Then I add the HA local file component but still no show.

This error I appears:
The following platforms contain invalid configuration. group, camera.local_file error. Please check your configuration.

Is there an image file created? What if you download the file to disk and open it, can it be read?

If someone is still interesting:

You also shouldn’t forget to install ffmpeg on your system to make it works as it was mentioned by @rpitera

any updates?

camera:
  - platform: ffmpeg
    name: Cam
    input: -rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://192.168.x.x:554/ch0.h264
2 Likes

@Molodax

How you put user name and password?

The general syntax is: rtsp://user:password@ip