Safari 14 "a problem repeatedly occured" on MacOS

Safari 14 production version on MacOS reloads Lovelace UI when attempting to perform any real action. You can browse the UI, but whenever you actually want to flip a switch or similar the entire page just reloads. If you attempt one more try, Safari gives the error “A problem repeatedly occured with” and the URL (ser.ver.ip/lovelace/default_view).

Not related to Lovelace theme - same happens if I default back to the default blue theme. Problem started occuring once the new Safari 14 for MacOS was downloaded. Quitting and restarting Safari does not help.

It does work with the iOS 14 version of Safari on the iPhone though. It also works fine with Chrome, so the issue seems to be with Safari on MacOS. The iOS HA app works fine.

same issue here… based on what I found online for similar issues, I already tried:

• clearing cache & history
  • reinstalling macOS (reboot via Command-R)
  • reinstalling Java

All without success…

Same issue with MacOS Safari 14 here…had to switch to Chrome :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I also switched to Chrome since Safari 14 has become unworkable on MBPro

I am seeing the same problem too. I wonder what Apple messed up with this release. Would be good for us to report it to them so it gets fixed. I’ve switched to Firefox for now…

Same problem
Is there a bug report for this?

Same here. Two different macs, same issue with both. Apparently it’s a bug, see:
https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/iuksd9/anyone_else_having_ha_problems_with_the_new/

same here. i do not wish to switch to chrome for myriad reasons.

apple didn’t mess anything up. clearly ha is developed on chrome and relying on some quirk/feature that doesn’t exist in safari.

If that’s the case… well I banned chrome here too for a number of reasons so maybe lovelace devs need to take this under consideration.

Same issue.

Same issue. Chrome has no problem.

Safari 14.0.1 resolves the problem