Schlege FE399 and Z-Wave JS woes

So, in my contiuned venture to migrate from Samsung ST intermediary to HASS, I began the process of moving my Z-Wave network to JS. So far, its been mostly awesome(some slight issues with pairing here and there). But…I spoke too soon.

So, I started the process of moving the FE399 locks I have in service to HASS, using a Aeotec Gen5+ Stick. So…The lock pairs to the stick, it shows as a node, but, I get nothing. No control(shows lock/unlock but clicks dont trigger a reaction at lock) and no status. Is there something I’m missing? I did include securely, but maybe because i dont have a secure device as a repeater?

The encryption key for secure inclusion is NOT on the stick though. I would guess you need to copy that from your old system.

So where would I put the encryption key in Z-Wave JS? I looked in the integration and add-on, only field is network key.

I figured that could have been the source of my trouble, as ST probably does encryption and ZW+ a bit more seamlessly…

Or…could I come up with my own key, for encryption?

I use zwavejs2mqtt and there is a field for the key. Actually they call it Network Key. I do not use secure devices so here is my screenshot.

The icon on the right is to generate a new random key.

I actually already have that populated. I transferred that from the Stick 5 I had, as I had started setup with a non plus stick, but that was literally a day…

It was not ON the Stick 5 to be transferred., It would be somewhere in your Samsung ST configuration.

Got it all working. Apparently I was being impatient with ZwaveJS. Gave it a month for bugfixes and was able to successfully pair my locks!