SecureConfig error in KNX integration

Hi,

I’m struggling with the knx integration every now and then Home Assistant is showing this message when I reload the configuration.

Any Ideas how I can fix this?

Component error: knx - cannot import name 'SecureConfig' from 'xknx.io' (/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/xknx/io/__init__.py)
Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:213 
First occurred: 12:17:14 (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: 12:17:14

Setup failed for knx: Unable to import component: cannot import name 'SecureConfig' from 'xknx.io' (/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/xknx/io/__init__.py)

Hi :wave:!
Which version of HA are you running? Do you use any custom components or custom code regarding knx?

Hi!

Sorry, here are my specs:

Home Assistant 2023.4.6
Supervisor 2023.04.1
Operating System 10.1
Frontend 20230411.1 - latest

Here are my HACS integrations:

Senec solar system sensor

SENEC Battery integration for Home Assistant
(/hacs/repository/282714722)

HACS

HACS gives you a powerful UI to handle downloads of all your custom needs.
(/hacs/repository/172733314)

go-eCharger integration for Home Assistant using the MQTT API

go-eCharger integration for Home Assistant using the MQTT API
(/hacs/repository/460108030)

Husqvarna Automower

Custom component for Home Assistant to monitor and control your Husqvrana Automower
(/hacs/repository/287318591)

Volkswagen We Connect

Volkswagen Carnet Component for home assistant
(/hacs/repository/117426840)

Node-RED Companion

Companion Component for node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket to help integrate Node-RED with Home Assistant Core
(/hacs/repository/202987887)

Becker cover support plus PyBecker

A native home assistant component to control becker RF shutters with a Becker Centronic USB Stick.
(/hacs/repository/462404315)

Delete this. For some reason it installs a very old version of xknx over HAs required version - which of course breaks the knx Integration.

1 Like

I thought the xknx version from manifest.json requirements will only be used for this integration. I was not aware it overwrites the xknx version used for HA core.