Ser2net integration / addon?

Hi all,

a quick question: is there any integration : addon which allows me to expose the serial ports on my Hassio server via ser2net?

The use case is as follows: i want to be able to use the same serial port in multiple ways. (Integration, appdaemon and external client). As I understand it, (recent versions of) ser2net would allow multiple connections form different clients to the same port. So having HA run a ser2net proxy would be ideal. I don’t want to have to spin up a separate computer for this…

Any thoughts?

Thomas

Hi @thomas-be

How did you get on with this ?

I have ser2net set up and running on a separate raspberry pi (Connected via usb to serial cable to my alarm panel) which HASS can reach

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ ser2net -v
ser2net version 2.9.1

I am interested in your comment about ser2net supporting multiple connections , I couldn’t get that to work on mine, and when I try to install/upgrade to a later version via…

sudo apt install ser2net -y

I receive the following, which I assume suggests I’m on the latest ?

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt install ser2net -y
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
ser2net is already the newest version.
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  libcwiid1 libjs-prettify libllvm3.7 libqscintilla2-11 libqscintilla2-l10n libqt4-network libqt4-xmlpatterns libqtwebkit4 libruby1.9.1 libruby1.9.1-dbg libtcltk-ruby1.9.1 libwebsockets3 ri1.9.1 ruby1.9.1 ruby1.9.1-dev
  ruby1.9.1-examples ruby1.9.1-full ruby1.9.3 supercollider supercollider-common supercollider-ide supercollider-language supercollider-supernova wiringpi
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

I never got to the point where I got this to work, for now I only use the AppDaemon app and not the integration.