Servo PWM for ESP32

Is there a direct replacement of the pwm_8266 line for ESP32 in the following code ??

servo:
  - id: my_servo
    output: pwm_output
output:
  - platform: esp8266_pwm
    id: pwm_output
    pin: D1
    frequency: 50 Hz
    transition_length: 10s

I have been told that ledc is a ESP32 replacement (for some applications), but how can I include the esp8266_pwm options (such as transition_length: 10s) into the code if I use LEDC ??

I think you’re on the wrong path here: transition_length is a property of servo, not of esp8266_pwm.
Otherwise, esp8266_pwm and ledc support the same configuration variables.

Thank you, you are absolutely right !! I connected my ESP32mini, used ledc and transition_length and everything works just fine, the 270 degree servos are moving smoothly at the transition_length speed I specify.(10s) …

I found a strange thing when I include a OLED display to the code .
The smooth movements of the servos starts jerking as soon as I add a SH1106 OLED to the code ??

font:
  - file: "fonts/consolab.ttf"
    id: my_font
    size: 14

i2c:
  sda: D2  # (or GPIO22 for ESP32)
  scl: D1   #  ( or GPIO21 for ESP32)

display:
  - platform: ssd1306_i2c
    model: "SH1106 128x64"
    address: 0x3C
    lambda: |-
      it.print(0, 0, id(my_font), "Hello World 1");

The display works just fine and prints text lines,
but if I request say a 180 degree turn of the servos, (with the display lines code in the program), the servos rotate a few degrees, make a very short stop, moves a few degrees etc. until they completed the 180 degree turn…

If I remove the display lines in the code, the servos moves smoothly again…
The problem is exactly the same whether I use an ESP8266 or an ESP32…

Any ideas to why this happens ???

/Gurrae

My guess would be that with the servo and display configured at the same time, you are reaching the ESP’s limits. After all, it’s a single thread that all the ESPHome code runs in, and the processor is trying to give each component a fair share, of course including things like overhead for WiFi or maybe other sensors you have configured.

That is possible, but I am running the exact same configuration ( Wemos D1 mini, servos & a SH1106 display) in an existing application with BLYNK, (compiled using Arduino IDE), and there the servos are running smoothly…(no servo jerking)…
Now I am trying to migrate everything into HA & ESPHome, so it would be nice to find a solution to the problem…