Set entity to show (or not show) long term statistics on click

A while ago, I believe update 22.8 or .9, there was a change which made Home Assistant now show long-term history when you click the entity in a dashboard.
Before, when clicking on an entity in the dashboard it always only showed the last 24 hours, like some sensors still do. For example my guest bedroom temperature sensor from the Tado radiator valve:

Since then however, some entities now show long-term statistics. Which causes the first click to show no meaningful information at all. This is a screenshot of another temperature sensor of another Tado radiator valve using the same integration:

However, there are some sensors where I would like to see longer term history on the first click, like for example my scale, which only records one measurement a day. That now shows short term history, meaning it also doesn’t show any useful history whatsoever:

The temperature sensors are both shown on the dashboard using a sensor card with hours_to_show set to 24, so that doesn’t seem to get picked up when clicking the entity.
Is there a way to influence this and tell HA what entities to show long or short-term history of in the first click? Or even better, set the period it shows on the first click?

2 Likes