Setting up Google Actions for Assistant

still, what more can i test?

I keep getting the ā€˜Something went wrong. Try again.ā€™ error message for the last step of setting everything up (adding my project in the Assistant app).

Iā€™ve set everything up in Home Assistant, console.actions.google.com etc. and everything seems fine.

But every time I add the project in the Assistant app > Settings > Home Control > Add Device it goes to my DuckDNS url, oath etc. then back to Devices, the circular loading thing spins for a while then shows the ā€˜Something went wrong. Try again.ā€™ error message, like mp3llllā€™s above.

Iā€™ve double checked everything, tried adding my project on WiFi, mobile data etc. but still no luck.

Anyone know why itā€™s failing at the last hurdle, and how to fix this?

ive also tried everything in this thread and others, but am still getting the ā€œcouldnt update the setting, check your connection issue.ā€

hereĀ“s my client id IĀ“ve put the same one in my yaml config but still IĀ“m gettinh invalid client Id after trying to click in home control

Iā€™ve managed to solve the problem of ā€˜Something went wrong. Try again.ā€™ when trying to connect my project in the Assistant app.

I added this to Home Assistantā€™s configuration.yaml

expose_by_default: false

After restarting Home Assistant some entities showed up in the Assistant app. So it must have successfully connected in the past, but I have a ā€˜lot going onā€™ in Home Assistant which was probably too much for the Assistant app to handle.

Iā€™m now adding ā€˜google_assistant: trueā€™ to scripts, scenes etc. so that only those show up in Home Assistant rather than everything :slightly_smiling_face:

Okay so i got the whole device control thing through google assistant in my first try and worked pretty well.
Then i went on to make home assistant chatbot for google assistant that would get information from home assistant which worked out as well as you can see here https://youtu.be/k6tlKCK2Ssk
Now these are two different projects in the gactions console and inorder for them to work you need to press the test button which uploads it to the servers and makes it available on your google account and the problem i am facing is that only one of them an be uploaded to the severs (with the test button) at a time,
Is there any way i could just add the dialogflow part in to home control project used for controling home assistant?

So I see that https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/10165 has now been merged? Does this mean we can now refresh? What steps do we need to do in the App to refresh? I still only see the unlink option.

It will be available in the next release.

1 Like

did you solve?

WHich error you get?

was it giving you succesfully linked (even if it was not linking?)

Anyone know if the new ā€œImplicit discoveryā€ feature announced by Google will improve the integration with HASS, or is it not relevant?

I received that too, after a second try, it says SUCCESSFUL LINKED, but it will not look link anything

can I use it now, or is not possible?

Will this REFRESH add new devices, and before do a ā€œforget devicesā€?

I ask this because I have a weird problem, and I am not the only one. If I unlink and relink GH will add ONLY new devices, and the OLD devices (previously linked) will not be added anymore; hence they DISAPPEAR, and cannot be called. The only way to have them back is by renaming the entity ID or adding aliases (ALL THE TIME A NEW ALIAS).

Just want to say I donā€™t have this issue. I unlinked and relinked several times when adding new things and always it relinks everything (that I configured in Hass) again.

It was for me the same until yesterday. But yesterday I installed the new GH app (the apk).

But cannot be sure its that, it was a long time that I did not unlink and relink

Add the fix in custom_components

All,

Since my ISP does not let me do port forwarding I went with Tor Oninon Configuration (https://home-assistant.io/docs/ecosystem/tor/). Since this in reality has end to end encryption do I need to a SSL Certificate in order to have this work with google home?

Thanks,
Norik

Trying to setup google_assistant component.
HASS version 0.57.3. I can see that component is present at /dist-packages/homeassistant/components/google_assistant
Used configuration:

google_assistant:
project_id: homeassistant-cb4f5
client_id: clitoken
access_token: accesstoken
expose_by_default: true
exposed_domains:
- switch
- light
- group

There is no error in configuration check:
hass --script check_config

The problem is that I am getting 404 error page from HASS when try to open https://[my hass url]/api/google_assistant from my browser. It is HASS ā€œ404: Not Foundā€ message not browsers 404 error page.
In HASS log file, I can not find any clue that component google_assistant have event tried to start.
I have tried to change place in configration.yaml for google_assistant configuration, but no luck.

Any idea?

I am getting the same when I enter https://xxxx.com/api/google_assistant/auth

comes back 404 also app in home can access everything else but google is 404 not found and no errors

any thoughts

Thank You