Setting up Google Actions for Assistant

It looks like google_assistant component is not activated at startup time. But no configuration or runtime error at any time. IFTTT and dialogflow API calls running without any issue. It is strange that there is no error in log file when 404 error returned.

Ohhh, it was my stuping mistake. The system did not apply my config change.
I have noticed that configuration.yaml was not changed after one reboot of RPi.
Now /api/google_assistant is served.

Yes, If I understand this correctly it would allow custom Dialogflow invocations instead of ‘talk to <appname>’. That would be really awesome!

Has anyone gotten both Google Assistant and Dialogflow working at the same time?

edit: can’t seem to get dialogflow working with multiple invocations. Only have ‘talk to’ working…

I have this same issue, everything works when i set my phone to English-US, but when I have it in Italian I can’t find the Home Control in the Google Assistant settings. Also, when using the simulator @ https://console.actions.google.com/, after i switch language to italian i get the “App cannot be tested because it does not yet support ‘it-IT’ as a locale” message.

You have Google Assistant in Italian language?

I still don’t have it

Yes it has been released a few days ago

I have it in English, if I change phone language to Italian all menus are greyed out.

Do you have a Google Home? Did you try to change language to Italian?

Google Home is not yet available in italian afaik

I’ve got GA setup and working but I wonder how to add more devices. Initially I just exposed lights and switches, but when I add other domains they do not become visable in the google home app after (re)linking. I keep getting the same devices as before, no scripts etc. while I have added them to the exposed domains. (running hassbian 0.58)

Is there the refresh option?

Not sure where it should be. If in the home app, there is only an option to unlink not to refresh. I aslo did “test draft” in the google console to reinitialize the app(?.. I think)

Just noticed I do get a lot of messages in the HA log:
[homeassistant.components.google_assistant.smart_home] aliases must be a list

Problem solved… forgot to reboot HA :joy:

And you have the refresh?

I am on hassio, no update available

Not in the app, but maybe refresh is an automatic mechanism?

A couple of notes on 10165.

For refresh to work, you will have to unlink and relink your test app at least once after setting up config changes with the new release.

The refresh is added as a new service to the GA component called request_sync. You can either trigger it in HA through the “services” menu or use it in an automation as you would any other service.

1 Like

I didn’t found this service on HA 0.58, even after unlink the test app

Did you also add the api_key as detailed in step 9.

If you don’t then google_assistant.request_sync isn’t available.

Thanks, i forgotten to do it.
Now it’s fine

Thanks, seems to work perfectly!

I can see the new service, but when trying to update the test app it didn’t update at all, but now after unlink the app it can be link again, what can i do now? I don’t have any device any more, tried to restart HA but no luck