Shelly Dimmer 2 for non-dimmable LEDs/lights

I’m in the process of retrofitting Shelly’s to my lights around the house so I can control them via Home Assistant. I have the Shelly Dimmer 2 for dimmable LEDs and it works fine.

Can I run the Shelly Dimmer 2 for non-dimmable LEDs? I replace the non-dimmable LEDs to dimmable ones as they stop working but don’t want to change the Shelly device. Given I’ll end up with dimmable LEDs I’d like to install the Shelly Dimmer 2 as opposed to a Shelly 1/1L…

Does that work?

A bit of a late reply, but yes. You can configure it to only turn the light on and off and not dim with the button(s). If i remember corretly its under settings → Button type.

1 Like

Hi, I’ve got the same question. But I can’t seem to find this option under the button type? All of them still treats the lights as dimmable, so you have flickering etc on the lights. I was hoping to use the Dimmer 2 as a relay only without any dimming (because of the ability to be wired without a neutral wire). Is this possible?

Nope. I could only get the Shelly dimmers to work with one light. Even after replacing the bulbs with dimmable ones. Eventually replaced all my switches with sonoff zigbee mini R4s. This also works without neutral.

1 Like

Hi, which Button Type to disable the dimmer function? No one works for me…
Thanks, Pascal