Shelly integration: Power and energy sensor readings

Hello,

I tried to locate more information about the following before posting, but I could not locate an answer…

I am using several Shelly Plug devices around the house along with some Shelly 2.5 relays with Power Monitoring. I added the energy sensors of the shelly integration to the Energy dashboard of HA to monitor the energy consumption of the related devices and left it run for a while.

As I have been adding some automations between the various devices connected with HA, I noticed some discrepancies in the readings behind power and energy sensors in HA of the Shelly integration.

For Shelly 2.5 and power consumptions of 62W + 97W for the two channels:

HA reports the same values in the respective power sensors but 0.67kWh and 2.02 kWh in the respective energy sensors. Of course, the latter are used in the Energy dashboard of HA, which shows the energy consumption.

Converting the 62W to kWH would be 0.062kWH and 97W would be 0.097kWh, not 0.67 & 2.02 respectively.

At the same time, for the Shelly Plug S, for a power consumption of 20W, HA reports 7.82kWh in the energy sensor!

This becomes more complex as within the Energy dashboard, the same sensor appears as 0.77kWh (not 7.82kWh and not 0.02lWh).

Can anyone clarify this for me this please???

1 Like

Power is instantaneous value and energy is cumulative one (gathered since the last reset of the device). It is like speed (instantaneous) and distance (cumulative ) in cars world.

Device using 100W for 1 hour consumes 0.1kWh of energy but the same device using 100W for 30 minutes consumes 0.05kWh of energy.

1 Like

Is there any way to reset just the energy? Daily usage woudl be much more useful!