Simplistic configuration UI

Is there a way to repair the panel_iframe-link?

I don’t have hassio running, so I can’t test it. But as mentioned above, open the configurator UI like in the video. There’s one click in the video where the configurator opens in a new tab. There you can copy and paste the URL to the panel_iframe.
BUT: it might be, that the URL is dynamic. I don’t know how that works internally. So maybe it works for an hour, or as long as the cookie for your Home Assistant session is valid. Or maybe forever. I don’t know that.

Where would I find the panel_iframe config?

You need to upgrade to hassos 2.11 and HA to 0.91.2.

1 Like

URL is http://X.X.X.X:8123/hassio/ingress/core_configurator
But with that URL in panel_iframe I have all navigation bars (top and left) twice!

go to hassio addons configurator, open web ui, open settings, then open new tab and copy this new long anddress to iframe panel

5 Likes

Hi @danielperna84

just found this thread, thanks to @DavidFW1960, since I was looking for “Configurator Addon”.

I’ve opened an issue on the Github project page since it was not so easy to understand how it has changed from 2.1 to 3.0

Thanks to other user messages, most have been clarified.

Last think I haven’t got is if there is still a need for username and password or this is obsolete since everyone has the last part of the url that is different from each other.

Thanks for your work!

It uses a home assistant user for authentication so you don’t configure it anymore. It says that in the post I linked you to.

I’d like to add that this doesn’t work when HassOS isn’t updated to version 2.11. (Hassio -> System tab). I was on v1.13 and I didn’t know this could be and needed to be updated manually.
I had to click update manually and after that the ingress-badge was visible in the configurator plugin details, and the “open web ui”-button actually works. Before that, it direct me to about:blank#blocked.

1 Like

Correct, i was on 0.91.0 and wasn’t working, it was not possible to install if first time.

Then I updated on 0.91.2 and it’s working.

Don’t know if it is ok on 0.91.1

Thanks for the update!
Configurator works.
But only I did not manage to add the link to panel_iframe:
Has anyone got it?

Is it possible to have the Hassio add-on changelog updated with some of this so there’s a little more clarifying information? Not sure who manages that but it would probably help cut down some of these questions.

The HASS documentation is now out of date as well, but anyone can submit a PR to have that updated. I don’t mind trying to do that later today if nobody else gets to it first.

For panel_frame on Hassio:

1. Install the add-on.
  2. Start with "OPEN WEB UI’ in its window.
  3. See the log.
    You can find like this:

"GET /api/listdir?path=. HTTP/1.1" 200 8386 "http://192.168.31.143:8123/api/hassio_ingress/lotofnumbersandletterstoken/"

Copy the
http://192.168.31.143:8123/api/hassio_ingress/lotofnumbersandletterstoken
This is the url.

If it is working then could be added to the Configurator documentation :wink:

1 Like

I must have missed something. Where was this ingress feature announced and/or where is it documented? All my searches just lead back to this one past saying that the add-on now supports it. I’d really like to learn more about how it works and how to integrate it into an add-on.

This might be perceived as ‘anal retentive’ (which is hyphenated when modifying a noun), but I placed the link in secrets.yaml.

Just to add that I found that after changing the iframe URL it is necessary to open use the Open Web UI link from the addon page on each device you use otherwise you will get a 401: Unauthorized error. After accessing the configurator it should work from the sidebar.

I can’t say anything… :open_mouth:

FYI

noun: anal-retentive

a person who is excessively orderly and fussy.

I did exactly as you wrote. But after copying this long address, a configuration error occurs.

panel_iframe:
  configurator:
    title: Configurator
    icon: mdi:wrench  
    http://192.168.1.36:8123/api/hassio_ingress/y00VItM88gYYpL88GMvlS-_MXQu0pcARb3KrYHkv7cM/

can not read an implicit mapping pair; a colon is missed at line 87, column 93:
… pL88GMvlS-_MXQu0pcARb3KrYHkv7cM

If you ignore this and save the changes, then errors occur when checking the configuration.
Before the configurator’s address was updated, everything was in order.
If you comment out the link, there are no errors either.

screenshot20190409211726