Since last week, Home Assistant stopped responding but it is running

Hi,

I am a little bit lost right now as I don’t have a clear issue to investigate. It happened a week ago maybe. I didn’t try to fix it until this morning because I taught that maybe it would fix itself with an update.

Every thing was working fine and then one morning my homeassistant wasn’t responding and the machine wasn’t responding either in SSH. I rebooted and it fixed the SSH issue but the HomeAssistant was still not responding.

The only thing that changed that morning and I am not sure how it is related is that there was automatic update (I got an mail in the middle of the night) to nodejs.

Setting up raspberrypi-sys-mods (20180103) …
Setting up nodejs (8.9.4-1nodesource1) …

Here’s my log… The process is actually running and you can see that sensor are being updated but the web interface doesn’t run and the scripts aren’t either.

2018-01-12 14:28:41 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 241, in _step result = coro.throw(exc) File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 60, in async_setup_component return (yield from task) File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 380, in __iter__ yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion. File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 304, in _wakeup future.result() File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 293, in result raise self._exception File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 239, in _step result = coro.send(None) File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 144, in _async_setup_component component = loader.get_component(domain) File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py", line 142, in get_component module = importlib.import_module(path) File "/usr/lib/python3.5/importlib/__init__.py", line 126, in import_module return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level) File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 986, in _gcd_import File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 969, in _find_and_load File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 958, in _find_and_load_unlocked File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 673, in _load_unlocked File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 673, in exec_module File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 222, in _call_with_frames_removed File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/http/__init__.py", line 30, in <module> utf8: { type: "_internal", bomAware: true}, ValueError: source code string cannot contain null bytes

Here’s the full log : https://pastebin.com/KeYMwRNc but really it’s that part that keeps coming back.

I try disabling almost every thing and it doesn’t change anything.

Thanks for your help. If I’m not at the right place to ask just tell me where to go.

Regards,