Slate - A New Dark Theme (Updated!)

I just picked up the updates…some of my badges remain blue, but some are now gold.

Here was my change that fixed it:

#label-badge-red: 'var(--accent-color)'
    label-badge-red: 'var(--primary-color)'

Good catch, I fixed it on my post.

Is it possible that the simple-thermostat card being supported by this theme? I just love this theme but the card doesn’t suite the theme…

I think it’s because the icon comes from Dark sky, and they use a fairly light color for their “black.” I’ve noticed this on their embedded widget as well. I tweeted them once, with no response. I might try contacting them a different way. https://twitter.com/MarcRandolph/status/1099746031321993216

Once I figure out which attribute it’s pulling from I’ll make the change. Will probably take some trial and error.

That would be cool! Thanks.

As long as the selected button comes with the primary color i’d be happy enough. I searched it with Chrome dev and it pointed to ‘mwc-button disabled’. Someone else and i mentioned it in the card topic: Lovelace: Simple thermostat card
We deleted ‘disabled’ and get the color back.
with disabled:

without desabled:

Has anyone worked this out? I see that un-visited links use primary-color however I can’t workout where is setting the :visited colour and suspect it is pulling the browser/webkit defaults.

I’ve dug into this a bit more and it seems that the issue is present in the #hass-io page along with some others. For example, dev-state contains in its own style a specific entry for .entities a { color: var(--primary-color);}. Anyone, have a suggestion for fixing the colour on the #hass-io page? Otherwise I’ll raise a issue on hassio

1 Like

this should definitely get fixed :wink: I’ve the same problem and dug out this thread on the search for a fix.

The easiest way to change the link color and more is to use a custom calendar card.

Dear @SneakyPie

Thank you so much for sharing your theme. I went through a lot of dark themes to find something to my liking, and this particular one is spot on - an instant favorite!!

1 Like

Not trying to necro your comment but the map now has a dark mode! I had the same issue so I made a pull request to add it.

Cool. Gonna check it out now :slight_smile:

I put it to my lovelace, it looks great :slight_smile: but it would be much better if i can control dark mode by automation, because i have automation for theme changing (day/night) based on sun tracker.

I know this isn’t the best solution but I don’t believe there is a way to dynamically change card settings. You could use 2 conditional cards one for day one for night and show/hide them as needed.

Just a heads up, but for those of you who use the Simple Thermostat Lovelace Card, here is an easy fix to have you selected HVAC mode show in color again. Simply remove the line in the below image in the ‘simple-thermostat.js’ file. Credit to this post for finding this.

code

1 Like

I know, it’s not possible to change card settings. But 2 conditional card did the trick. Thank you :slight_smile:

Are there any requirements for this? Because mine doesn’t quite look like the screenshots. Sidebar and background is unchanged, and the cards seem darker than they should be.

No requirements. What does your themes.yaml or your theme configuration look like?

Also, try clearing the cache for your HA page and see if it updates.

Nevermind, turns out I didn’t trigger the giant ‘turn on theme’ in my account options…

1 Like

Slate can now be found on HACS! Just make sure you enable the viewing of Themes in your HACS config.

There aren’t really any additional updates to this theme for the time being, but you’ll be ready if anything changes.

The Slate repository can also be found here: https://github.com/seangreen2/slate_theme

2 Likes