Slow Shutdown / Reboot on NUC with NUC Image

Hello all!
I recently moved my configuration from a VM image (that was also moved from a Pi based image) to a NUC with the provided NUC image. Everything appears to be working well except for a few WLED errors in the logs. However, system reboots and shutdowns take 5+ minutes to be performed. Startups take a couple of minutes, which is also a bit longer than expected but not bad.

The NUC I’m using is a 5th gen celeron with 8GB of RAM and 230GB of SSD Disk - not a terribly fast system but certainly faster than the Pi 3 that had formally hosted the same configuration and would reboot in 1min 30sec.

Looking at the Host and System logs, I don’t see any errors listed per-say but if there is a hangup and subsequent timeout, I don’t see that either. I could use some advice on things to look for or some checks that I may be overlooking.
Again, the system is working fine when up but seems to take abnormally long to shutdown/restart. (5+ minutes)

System Health

version: 2021.1.4
installation_type: Home Assistant OS
dev: false
hassio: true
docker: true
virtualenv: false
python_version: 3.8.7
os_name: Linux
os_version: 5.4.86
arch: x86_64
timezone: America/Chicago

host_os: Home Assistant OS 5.10
update_channel: stable
supervisor_version: 2021.01.5
docker_version: 19.03.13
disk_total: 228.5 GB
disk_used: 4.8 GB
healthy: true
supported: true
board: intel-nuc
supervisor_api: ok
version_api: ok
installed_addons: Samba share (9.3.0), Mosquitto broker (5.1), TasmoAdmin (0.13.1), Duck DNS (1.12.4), MariaDB (2.2.1), Terminal & SSH (8.10.0), Check Home Assistant configuration (3.6.0), Grocy (0.9.2), ESPHome (1.15.3), Node-RED (7.2.11)

dashboards: 3
mode: storage
views: 5
resources: 0

How much effort are you willing to investigate in slow shutdown/reboot issue with a system designed to run 24/7?

It is less about fixing it than it is about understanding it. I’m not especially well versed in linux and even less so with HassOS so more than anything, I’m interested in HOW to investigate this.